Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering supplements online from outside Ireland

Options
  • 20-04-2020 11:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

I know you can't order medicine and drugs online. But what about supplements?

I would normally buy in a health food shop but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for. So what's the story about ordering supplements online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I know you can't order medicine and drugs online. But what about supplements?

I would normally buy in a health food shop but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for. So what's the story about ordering supplements online?

Do you mean the likes of vitamins, omega-3, whey protein etc.?

If so, I order these supplements online from MyProtein and Bulk Powders regularly. All legal and above board. No issues at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon don't seem to do it with most, I have to go through ParcelWizard. I've a feeling some won't send it directly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Do you mean the likes of vitamins, omega-3, whey protein etc.?

If so, I order these supplements online from MyProtein and Bulk Powders regularly. All legal and above board. No issues at all.

Yeah, like vitamins and supplements. I've searched for a particular supplement and can't find it here, in shops or online. There's an American website where I can order it from. Not sure to go ahead with the order or not. But they do deliver to Ireland. Is the responsibility on me or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It depends what supplement/vitamin you want and the strength. Some are not allowed to be imported into Ireland at all, as I became aware a few years ago when 5 HTP was confiscated from a US order by HPRA.

This supplement is freely available in the rest of the EU and in the UK, as well as in the US. I'd also obtained it several times before with no problem. However, our HPRA decided unilaterally at the time to be different and couldn't justify to me why it was banned, no matter what appeal I made.

AFAIK, Melatonin is also banned and I'm sure there are others. If you're talking about Iherb, eg, I think they will now flag up the products that are prohibited. Apart from that, if your order is relatively low value (sub 80 for IME) you should have no problem.

Advertisement