Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online shop for tyres

Options
  • 19-04-2020 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Hi, Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy a couple of cheap Mountain Bike tyres for and old Raleigh bike that I want to use during the crisis, I have no shops within the 2k range near me.
    All I'm looking for are 2 26x1.95 tyres, not too pricey, but, can deliver in a couple of days.
    Google is useless as I'm getting shops from all over Europe and delivery times are weeks, the Irish sites I've found don't seem to have them in stock, I can get the Halfords ones but I think they are a bit crap and would like something a little better.
    I know nothing about cycle stuff or terminology so if you can keep it in simple terms for an old fool I'd appreciate it.

Mods if this belongs elsewhere please move, thanks

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

uch wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy a couple of cheap Mountain Bike tyres for and old Raleigh bike that I want to use during the crisis, I have no shops within the 2k range near me.
    All I'm looking for are 2 26x1.95 tyres, not too pricey, but, can deliver in a couple of days.
    Google is useless as I'm getting shops from all over Europe and delivery times are weeks, the Irish sites I've found don't seem to have them in stock, I can get the Halfords ones but I think they are a bit crap and would like something a little better.
    I know nothing about cycle stuff or terminology so if you can keep it in simple terms for an old fool I'd appreciate it.

Mods if this belongs elsewhere please move, thanks

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/schwalbe-cx-comp-cyclocross-bike-tyre/rp-prod24615

These tyres are 26x2, but I'd imagine they should fit ok. They work out at about €29 delivered for the pair, delivery, it says, is 4 days, but given current circumstances I suppose it could take longer.

What sort of brakes are on the bike you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Thanks Cletus, haven't a clue about the brakes, think I need a cable for the back, but I'll have to leave it in somewhere to do the as I'd be lost

21/25

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

uch wrote: »
    I have no shops within the 2k range near me.
    the 2km range is specific to exercise, not to shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

the 2km range is specific to exercise, not to shopping.

Ah Shíte didn't think of that, I ordered from the link Cletus sent me already so not to worry, I'll have them in 3-4 days, thanks for advice

Be like a one flippered walrus when I start back, haven't been on a bike in over 10 years

21/25

Good on ya, seen plenty like you over the last few weeks out on bikes and hopefully they keep it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement