Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC for GOG

Options
  • 19-04-2020 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking at getting a basic PC to reel in the years on GOG - Doom, Quake, Warcarft 2, Kingpin etc.

Would a basic enough Intel Nuc be ok for this or should I go for something with a dedicated gaming orientated graphics card - looking to keep costs IRO of 300 euros. Have a monitor, mouse etc etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Those are 486 level games, they need next to nothing, so even the oldest of the NUC range is massively overkill. Which equally means buying new is a bit of a waste. Any second hand or old kit would do, so long as it's not ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Thanks, I actually have a first gen Nuc in the office that I can try get set up on. Cheers!

Advertisement