Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freehub Body Campy Splines

Options
  • 19-04-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Doing some maintenance while I have a bit of time.

Looking to replace a freehub body which is showing signs of wear. Some pics attached. No luck finding one so far.

No markings anywhere. I think its sealed, I can't see a way of opening it. Was on an Alexrims rear wheel that came with a Genesis Equilibrium I picked up a few years back. Its got campy splines.

Anyone know where I might get one, or is there a workaround?

All help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

That free hub looks fine to me. Are the bearings worn?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Radial

The splines are fine. Seems to be a problem inside the freehub. When you rotate it the springs and pawls seem rough.

What prompted me to take it off the wheel and look for a replacement was that it's causing a problem on the bike. In certain spots the pedals are slipping about 1/8th of a turn before the freehub catches. Seems worse when you put down a bit of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

I thought you should be able to see the pawls when you take the freehub off. Does the smaller splined nut on the left in the picture screw off?

No it doesn't screw off. I know what you mean though. I was able to dismantle the free hub on Aksiums a year or two ago to get some oil into them. They're grand since.

These seem sealed in that unlike with the Aksiums I cant access the springs and pawls.

I've been having a look around the interwebz, and the only freehub I can see that looks similar to yours is SRAM freehubs, for example the SRAM 506.

Don't know if that gets you a step closer, I couldn't see anything about servicing or disassembly of those either

• Advertisement

Thanks for checking it out. On the face of it it looks similar, apart from the Shimano/Sram splines.

Shame I can't change them over. At least I don't think I can.

Radial wrote: »
    Thanks for checking it out. On the face of it it looks similar, apart from the Shimano/Sram splines.

Shame I can't change them over. At least I don't think I can.

Doubtful if you're running a campagnolo cassette.

What bike is it?

Its a Genesis Equilibrium 20 with a veloce groupset. Running a 10 speed Campy cassette.

https://www.evanscycles.com/en-ie/genesis-equilibrium-20-2015-road-bike-EV223058

Advertisement