Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Chores - Folding Clothes...........

Options
  • 19-04-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Family household with young kids. All the house chores are fine, except folding and putting away clothes after they are washed and dried.

The clothes tend to build up either on the kitchen table or bed or left in baskets for days.:mad:

Anyone have any tips or tricks or system for smoothing the transition from clothes line to wardrobes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Get them to fold their own clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Mackzee wrote: »
    Family household with young kids. All the house chores are fine, except folding and putting away clothes after they are washed and dried.

The clothes tend to build up either on the kitchen table or bed or left in baskets for days.:mad:

Anyone have any tips or tricks or system for smoothing the transition from clothes line to wardrobes?

It's magic I thought.....I open the cupboard and hey presto the clothes are washed and ironed....thought all homes had a cupboard like mine ....lol lol

I'll get my coat lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭Treppen

Smooth the transition by staying permanently drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Put the clothes on the person's bed and let them do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I too hate this chore. I wear headphones and listen to podcasts while I do it.

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    I'll get my coat lol lol

You better hang it up or fold it.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I too hate this chore. I wear headphones and listen to podcasts while I do it.

Joking aside OP, this is what I do as well. Podcasts, or have a TV show you like in the background.
    What age are your kids though? I fully intend letting my kid sort out own clothes once hit 8-9.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If they fold clothes they get 15 minutes on the ipad / tablet / xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Create as much hanging space in wardrobes as possible and hang clothes rather than fold as it's quicker. I take an item of clothes off the line and immediately put it on a hanger and then put all the hangers straight into the wardrobe. Some items can't be hung but many of those don't need to be folded or can be roughly folded and bunged in a drawer.

Alternatively, interest your children in origami and then apply to folding clothes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

it's called finishing a job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

What folding is there in a thong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

I fold them as I take them off the line, mainly cos I don't iron. Then separate them into piles and either they take the pile when I catch them in the right room, or I leave the piles in their rooms and they put them away. But we do usually have 5 piles in the kitchen getting bigger by the day u till someone knocks one over and then they all get told to bring them up and put them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I find it cathartic. I lay the clothes onto a bed in several neat piles, depending on which section of he wardrobe they're going into. And then I put them into their respective sections of the wardrobe, as the scent of fabric softener gently permeates the room. I lead a very exciting life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd leave clothes in there bedrooms and relax a little about them being a little wrinkled!

Advertisement