Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Return & Holiday Home in Spain

Options
  • 18-04-2020 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I'm doing my tax return for 2019. I'm self employed, resident in Ireland.

In 2019 I bought a holiday home in Spain. Do I need to enter this under the Chargeable Assets section of Form 11?

I do not own any other property. I did not take out a mortgage.

Thanks
    Humba
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You need to disclose it, I don't use F11 so don't know the correct section, if you opened a Spanish bank account that need to go in as well somewhere.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 humbahuwamba

Thanks Calahonda, that's what I was thinking. I guess they want to know about it for when you sell it and you're liable for CGT.

I got the bank account thing too!

All the best!
    Humba

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks Calahonda, that's what I was thinking. I guess they want to know about it for when you sell it and you're liable for CGT.

I got the bank account thing too!

All the best!
    Humba

Yes, liable for CGT here. I was at the other end of the equation and took a savage hit when I sold after I got a cancer diagnosis. The loss is allowable here, I have enough for 3 generations:D

You shroud also be aware that if you , or your estate needed to sell the gaff and there was a gain in Spain, they need the tax paid before the sale can go through.
    If you need any insights, PM me

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement