Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first gen di2 not working

Options
  • 17-04-2020 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I hung up my Felt DA in a dry shed last October. Took it down last month and nothing is working.
    Its the older type with external battery. I tested my battery with a multi meter seemed OK. Borrowed a battery and it still did not work.
    Plugged the cable from FD and RD on my road bike into respective FD and RD on TT and the road shifters operated the TT deraileurs fine. I then plugged the TT cables into the road deraileurs and they did not work.

Checked the junction box in BB and all 4 cables seem fine.

Can anybody tell me the next thing to check?

Thanks a lot
    Slo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

sometimes you need to push one of the gear selectors to activate charging, don't know anything else to help, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

NBar wrote: »
    sometimes you need to push one of the gear selectors to activate charging, don't know anything else to help, sorry

Not sure what you mean here. External battery is removed and placed into charger for charging.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2nd Gen I'd say use eTube but not sure if its as straight forward with Gen1 (doesnt charge via the junc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean here. External battery is removed and placed into charger for charging.
    Thanks

Where are you based? Cycle Super store have all the diagnostic tools and could check it for you.

Have you unconnected, and re-connected the cables going into the main components? (Not into levers, junction boxes)

Having the diagnostics ran on the bike could save a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TerryDi2Center

Just double checking.. when you say '1st gen' that is DA 7970.. right? Or are we talking about 9070 here? That would make things a lot easier ;).

Normally I'd say this is caused by a broken cable (usually a cable going from the bike cockpit to the B junction) and try find that cable by bypassing each connection using a 'known good' cable... but I'm not that into the 7970 stuff and I don't have a clear picture of how it's all connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Just double checking.. when you say '1st gen' that is DA 7970.. right? Or are we talking about 9070 here? That would make things a lot easier ;).

Normally I'd say this is caused by a broken cable (usually a cable going from the bike cockpit to the B junction) and try find that cable by bypassing each connection using a 'known good' cable... but I'm not that into the 7970 stuff and I don't have a clear picture of how it's all connected.

1st Gen is 7970

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TerryDi2Center

1st Gen is 7970

I know, but I want to be sure that Slo_Rida's bike is actually 7970 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Thanks for that.
    Its hard to imagine how a cable can break while the bike is hanging stationary in a shed but it's looking like it must be this or something similar. Corrosion must have caused it despite it being a dry shed. But anyway some unwiring and rewiring may be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 selle italia

Did you try the crash recovery function by holding down the button on junction box for 3sec+, sometimes it resets the servos. Selling more or less spares kit excluding rd if you need some spares for e175.00

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058074080

Advertisement