Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Washer - Karcher Vs Stanley Vs Other?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How much is the budget?
    Realistically the best bang for buck you will get is a Kranzle.
    I would say that the Nilfisk are much better than an equivalently priced Karcher
    Gimmicks like full control are useless really the best control is being dynamic with the lance, close for higher pressure and further away for less.
    Turbo nozzles give good results on stone, are you dead set on a patio attachment? You can get adaptors to allow you to fit attachments to your washer if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nilfisk over Karcher entry level stuff. Full control is pointless on a low powered machine and is just an electronic failure point down the road.

You’d get the likes of a Nilfisk C120 with patio attachment etc for €150-160

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

CJhaughey wrote: »
    How much is the budget?
    Realistically the best bang for buck you will get is a Kranzle.
    I would say that the Nilfisk are much better than an equivalently priced Karcher
    Gimmicks like full control are useless really the best control is being dynamic with the lance, close for higher pressure and further away for less.
    Turbo nozzles give good results on stone, are you dead set on a patio attachment? You can get adaptors to allow you to fit attachments to your washer if needed.

I've a simple nilfisk for the last 2 years, and happy out with it. Patios, paving, cars whatever. Does a great job and I think it dropped to £60 or so on amazon at the time I bought it. Actually ordering the patio attachment at the moment (~£35), but very slow to deliver. Think you can buy it on Amazon with the patio attachment included, so that's probably a better option.
    Metal pump as opposed to the karcher plastic one, so in theory that part should last longer.

Only negative, the foamer attachment for the car is muck, but for the money I can't fault it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I got the karcher K4 last year when I moved house, got the package with the patio attachment and the car kit (i wouldn't put the brush near my car bit its Gordon the jeep lifting heavy ****e) I find it great. I had a lot of really heavy stuff to get up off the yard from years of neglect and my mates mid range nilfisk didn't seem up to the job. Glad i went with the karcher tbh. It's a nice design and the power lance that came with it is an absolute beast for lifting crap off concrete or patios, took the old paint clear off the walls around the place too and had them back to the brick finish. Iv ran it for hours a few times and never missed a beat, does seem to use a whole lot.of water either compared to.others if used

The full control is a bit of a gimmick as someone else said but where it is good is for mixing detergent because you can turn the power right down and get good foam out of the lance if your not using a foamer bottle

My only problem with it is it's only a 6m hose so i may invest in a longer one on a reel to make doing the cars easier.

One thing I got which has already paid for itself was the drain cleaner, I got one in lidl that came with an attachment for my washer, had a blockage I couldn't get with rods and this cleared it in minutes. €20 part saved me over €100 in a callout from a drain company. If yas dont have one lads I cant recommend them enough because if you ever need it you will be glad it's there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Budget is less than 400 euro but if I could get something less than 200 I'd be delighted.

Would like the patio attachment and the 8m hose sounds good.

Any links to Nilfisk models you have in mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nilfisk. C range

Budget is less than 400 euro but if I could get something less than 200 I'd be delighted.

Would like the patio attachment and the 8m hose sounds good.

Any links to Nilfisk models you have in mind?

This is what I have, minus the patio attachment, but that's on delivery now.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTZWJWA/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_5uIMEb8SH0AX6

5m hose, does me perfectly when washing the car. Granted, my patio and driveway areas are not big

Never heard of that brand before. Any use?

5m hose, does me perfectly when washing the car. Granted, my patio and driveway areas are not big

Patio isn't large but I hoped for longer hose when washing paths and gutters etc.

• Advertisement

Patio isn't large but I hoped for longer hose when washing paths and gutters etc.

Adds to the expense, but £18 gets you an 8 meter hose. Could start out with the 5m and see how necessary the extra 3 meters is worth it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ONB9IYG/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_7sZMEb19HK3JH

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Karcher K7 with the pressure of 160 bar could be a good option but its price is also high. It depends on your budget and requirements.

Never heard of that brand before. Any use?

Lavor are a huge manufacturer of pressure washers.
    I would have no problems buying their gear.
    That one has a Brass pump head IIRC which is a sign of a good machine.

Lavor are a huge manufacturer of pressure washers.
    I would have no problems buying their gear.
    That one has a Brass pump head IIRC which is a sign of a good machine.

Had a nosy around online and found very review reviews and suppliers for that brand. They may be good, but I would like something that I can see a good few reviews on.

They are a big enough brand, here are a couple of suppliers.

http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/
    http://odcleaningsupplies.ie/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=4

Quite a lot of reviews on the agrieuro website as well, just right click and google translate for the english version.

They are a big enough brand, here are a couple of suppliers.

http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/
    http://odcleaningsupplies.ie/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=4

Quite a lot of reviews on the agrieuro website as well, just right click and google translate for the english version.

The specs do look good on it. may have to give it a lash

My bad, the head is aluminium. Seems like you have to go to the €300 mark for a Brass pump head.
    That said I don't believe its critical for most homeowner usage, maybe for commercial operators it might be more of an issue.

My bad, the head is aluminium. Seems like you have to go to the €300 mark for a Brass pump head.
    That said I don't believe its critical for most homeowner usage, maybe for commercial operators it might be more of an issue.

Went to use the site you linked, and it wont let me use Ireland as a delivery address

https://www.agrieuro.co.uk/lavorwash-lavor-space-180-cold-water-pressure-washer-180-bar-max-p-17278.html

Went to use the site you linked, and it wont let me use Ireland as a delivery address

https://www.agrieuro.co.uk/lavorwash-lavor-space-180-cold-water-pressure-washer-180-bar-max-p-17278.html

I see at the top of the site, sales to Ireland are temporarily suspended.

I see at the top of the site, sales to Ireland are temporarily suspended.

Didn't even notice that. Good spot.

• Advertisement

And looks like that Lavor is gone up in price by 20quid even though still cant order it.

Any other suppliers or alternatives to the lavor?

EDIT:
    I may just go for this stanley from my original post
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/stanley-sxpw22pe-150bar-pressure-washer-2-2kw-220-240v/675gy#product_additional_details_container

Cable Length 5 m
    Hose Length 8 m
    Maximum Bar Pressure 150 bar
    Pressure Washer Flow Rate 440 Ltr/hr

Hmmm that stanley has mostly good reviews, however one guy said lance is short and has to stoop.

https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/products/detail/Products/HAND+TOOLS/Gardening+tools/Pressure+washers/STANLEY%C2%AE+2200W+Electric+Pressure+Washer+with+Deluxe+Patio+Cleaner+and+Fixed+Brush

Im 6ft 1 and really dont want to be stooping...dang.

I've the same pressure washer as you. I bought mine in DID electrical. After about a year, it started leaking water through the handle. Brought it to DID who said they'd get in touch with Nilfisk. Took the machine off me.

Rang me the next day to say Nilfisk just told them to give me a brand new one (same model). I collected it, and it's been in use regularly enough ever since. That was about 4 years ago.

Would have no issue recommending it to anyone.

I've the same pressure washer as you. I bought mine in DID electrical. After about a year, it started leaking water through the handle. Brought it to DID who said they'd get in touch with Nilfisk. Took the machine off me.

Rang me the next day to say Nilfisk just told them to give me a brand new one (same model). I collected it, and it's been in use regularly enough ever since. That was about 4 years ago.

Would have no issue recommending it to anyone.

Cheers. Would need to find irish seller as that one on Amazon is showing almost £50 for delivery alone :eek:

Cheers. Would need to find irish seller as that one on Amazon is showing almost £50 for delivery alone :eek:

Power washers are in high demand from what I hear.

I've ordered my patio attachment off this crowd. Amazon only had it for like £70 when I was looking. I've been waiting about 2 weeks now, but I emailed them and they said they're expecting a delivery from nilfisk on the 24th. They also said they've had huge demand for pressure washers these last few weeks.
    If they do restock, it might restock this and could be cheaper.

https://www.candorservices.co.uk/products/nilfisk-c120-7-6-pcad-compact-pressure-washer

Fyi, you likely won't get a bargain these days. I bought mine (c110 without patio attachment) for £56. In normal times they regularly drop in price.

Power washers are in high demand from what I hear.

I've ordered my patio attachment off this crowd. Amazon only had it for like £70 when I was looking. I've been waiting about 2 weeks now, but I emailed them and they said they're expecting a delivery from nilfisk on the 24th. They also said they've had huge demand for pressure washers these last few weeks.
    If they do restock, it might restock this and could be cheaper.

https://www.candorservices.co.uk/products/nilfisk-c120-7-6-pcad-compact-pressure-washer

Fyi, you likely won't get a bargain these days. I bought mine (c110 without patio attachment) for £56. In normal times they regularly drop in price.

Yeah I assumed the same. Everyone at home with free time to do up their homes so washers are in demand. The Stanley one I was looking at Screwfix has gone out of stock also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I have a Honda powered Karcher washer from 2005 that still works perfectly.

I had to replace the lance this year after it developed a leak. I replaced it with an M22 thread Nildisk from Ebay for £30.

The the only maintenance so far has been oil changes. Just tip out the old oil and pour in new oil.

You cannot beat that combination of Honda/Karcher.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I have a Honda powered Karcher washer from 2005 that still works perfectly.

I had to replace the lance this year after it developed a leak. I replaced it with an M22 thread Nildisk from Ebay for £30.

The the only maintenance so far has been oil changes. Just tip out the old oil and pour in new oil.

You cannot beat that combination of Honda/Karcher.

What model is that?

Did you check out the one in Lidl today?

• Advertisement

Did you check out the one in Lidl today?

The Lidl electric one doesnt have the pressure I want nor the patio attachments etc. The petrol is tempting but main issue is I'm avoiding going to stores at the moment.

Advertisement