Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building materials during lockdown?

Options
  • 17-04-2020 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Is it likely that building work restrictions will be eased at all in the coming weeks?

Had to temporarily move out of house in order to have necessary home adaptation works carried out to accommodate a disability.

Left in rented accommodation and also paying mortgage. Have verbal permission from Garda for builder to resume works but builder is unable to get the materials from builders merchants. No one will put anything in writing confirming permission.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Is it likely that building work restrictions will be eased at all in the coming weeks?

Had to temporarily move out of house in order to have necessary home adaptation works carried out to accommodate a disability.

Left in rented accommodation and also paying mortgage. Have verbal permission from Garda for builder to resume works but builder is unable to get the materials from builders merchants. No one will put anything in writing confirming permission.

my best guess is they'll open tues 5 may - im getting extension done and that's when im assuming builder providers will re-open.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The big suppliers will supply for essential works.
    The Grange for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Gumbo wrote: »
    The big suppliers will supply for essential works.
    The Grange for example.

I'm in Sligo. The builder carrying out the works has made enquiries with Brooks/Heiton Buckleys etc but unless it's HSE job forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I have few contractors doing work for me. Windows made and ready to go, are on factory floor but factory is shut...

Factory may open next week to let these windows go out....Heard wholesalers are running low on stock...

Hard to get stuff that's deemed not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I'm in Sligo. The builder carrying out the works has made enquiries with Brooks/Heiton Buckleys etc but unless it's HSE job forget about it.

Rogers are delivering, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Makes no difference anymore. Have verbal authorization from Garda to proceed but main contractor cannot get his subbies to return until lockdown is lifted.

Advertisement