Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a PLC course

Options
  • 16-04-2020 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am soon finishing up a level 6 PLC course and I’m aware that I will fail one module, do this mean I will fail the entire course?

The tutor was little to no help and is also contradicting herself throughout lessons. It’s very hard to get the correct information from her.
    Also with the Coronavirus ongoing trying to get in contact with tutors is also very difficult and stressful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hi!

I'm in a similar position. Depending on which modules you have and how much they're worth will determine if you pass/fail the major award. The individual modules will class as minor awards. Depending on the course you may not need the full award.

You need to have credits worth 120 to pass the major award, but they have to include the 'compulsary' modules.

Last year my course had about 12 modules, but it was only worth 135 credits, so I could leave/fail one module without failing. This year I have 8, but I can still only earn the 120 credits, so have to pass everything.

Hope that helps.

And yes, some of my tutors aren't the most responsive either. I feel the minimum they should be doing is dealing with queries/coursework during the time we'd normally be in class (I appreciate this is the Easter hols so they are entitled to this time off).

Advertisement