Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Router for 1Gb Broadband

Options
  • 16-04-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭

I'm after moving house and just had 1Gb fibre broadband installed. I'm looking for recommendations for what router to put in.

In my old house I used a Mikrotik RB751G-2Hnd, that I bought in 2012 and that thing has been rock solid! I've used it with so many difference services in all sorts of weird configurations and it's been a trooper, but 8 years on it is surely getting a little long in the tooth? It's most recent configuration was talking directly to the Huawei .. thing (not sure what this is called) on my 300Mb connection and it didn't seem to be quite as fast as the Eir modem, but I'm not 100% on this.

Any suggestions on what to get? I'm not tied to Mikrotik, but don't see much reason to move away from them. I would eventually like to have some of my network be a 10Gb, but I currently have no hardware/cabling that makes use of it so I was thinking of maybe just adding another switch down the line.

Comments

Advertisement