Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Sierra Mail

• 15-04-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

A few weeks ago I updated my elder brother [aged 84] to High Sierra so I could continue to use Chrome Remote Desktop to support him.
    He uses his Mac for email and his photos. He is comfortable with iPhoto and doesn't want to change to Photos.
    Initially Mail linked to Gmail was fine, then it would disconnect and I'd have to take it back online.
    Recently both account online/offline are greyed out and it won't connect to Gmail.
    Internet accounts says he is signed in to Gmail, but when we open Mail we repeatedly get the window about which system we want to use.
    Connection Doctor says we are OK for iCloud mail but not Gmail.
    I've tried about 20 suggestions from Google but nothing has worked.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

JonMac wrote: »
    Internet accounts says he is signed in to Gmail, but when we open Mail we repeatedly get the window about which system we want to use.

Can you give more detail on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Certainly. Under normal circumstances: Mail>add account brings up a window "Choose a Mail account provider" with 6 options.
    This window comes up every time we open my brother's Mail, even though Internet Accounts shows both iCloud and Gmail.
    If we choose a supplier [Gmail] it says already signed in.
    Mail seems to be corrupted???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try deleting the Gmail account in System Prefs > Internet Accounts and then adding it via Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

OK, I just tried that with no success. After quitting Gmail in Internet Accounts and then using Mail to sign in to Gmail, both take mailbox online and offline were greyed out. Connection Doctor did not have anything in the window. I quit Mail, opened it again and it asked for a sign-in; did that and the response was already signed-in.

Advertisement