Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Food Donation - Cork

• 14-04-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sadly, I lost my beautiful little boy two weeks ago to cancer.

But I still have quite a lot of food left over, which I'd like to donate to a shelter or similar. I've contacted both the <snip> as well as <snip> and neither have bothered to get back to me.

If there's a shelter in the Cork City area that would like the food, please PM me.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note
    I've removed named rescues from your post, as reference to rescues by name is against the forum charter.

With mod hat off, I can tell you that many rescues, especially somewhat smaller ones, have had to severely curtail, if not entirely shut down their activities due to the current crisis. Home checks can't be done, transport can't be done, non-emergency visits to vets can't be done... and the very small teams trying to run such rescues may very well have to do human stuff like self-isolate, they may themselves be sick, they may be looking after family or vulnerable people, or otherwise having to batten down the the hatches, with stuff they're probably not getting paid for taking a very back seat. It's possible that many dogs in their care were quickly put into foster homes before the restrictions were put in place.
    So, in short, don't necessarily jump to the conclusion that they simply didn't bother to contact you. It's quite likely they just can't deal with general enquiries and non-emergencies right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Into the donation box at MaxiZoo if there's one near you and whatever rescue they're working with will get it eventually!

Advertisement