Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Movie Montage

  • 14-04-2020 6:39pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ She is d.i.s.c.o


    I always liked this one...



    Best montage used in a film...


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭ Slydice


    Just in case anyone doesn't know what a montage is .. also fun to rewatch :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ She is d.i.s.c.o


    This one :pac:



    And the original of course...



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ She is d.i.s.c.o


    This is the perfect song for a montage. Makes me feel like training for something! For what I dont know!



  • Registered Users Posts: 16,213 ✭✭✭✭ 2smiggy




    only one correct answer, Your the Best montage , from the original Karate Kid


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,216 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy


    Was going to post that and Bloodsport but feel they show too much of the fights to count


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ziedth


    Rocky 3 takes some beating but although one of the weaker films I could argure that the Russian Training Montage is one of the best in film.... If your not pumped after watching it we could never be friends



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭ Gaz


    ziedth wrote: »
    Rocky 3 takes some beating but although one of the weaker films I could argure that the Russian Training Montage is one of the best in film.... If your not pumped after watching it we could never be friends


    Getting Rocky 3 and 4 mixed up means we can never be friends :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,213 ✭✭✭✭ 2smiggy




    this is the rocky 3 montage !! excellent as well

    interesting fact, they were going to use 'your the best around' by joe esposito (from the karate kid) for the Rocky 3 montage, but changed their minds and used 'eye of the tiger' instead. the rest is history !!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭ Slydice


    Just remembered the time hacking montage in Kung Fury! Might be the 80s feel of the thread! :)

    The full film is free here (only 30 mins long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

    Montage:



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fury
    David Sandberg is a Swedish filmmaker who had previously directed television commercials and music videos. In 2012, he quit the commercial directing business and focused on writing a script for an action comedy film set in the 1980s, inspired by action films of that era.


  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ziedth


    Gaz wrote: »
    Getting Rocky 3 and 4 mixed up means we can never be friends :(

    We're good Gaz Don't worry, I just didn't put my point across very well.

    What I mean't to say is that while eye of the Tiger gets almost all of the credit for the best montage and takes some beating in my opinion Rocky 4 is the best that has been put to film. I lived those films in my youth, I'd soon mix up my kids then those films :)


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sad Professor


    2smiggy wrote: »


    this is the rocky 3 montage !! excellent as well

    interesting fact, they were going to use 'your the best around' by joe esposito (from the karate kid) for the Rocky 3 montage, but changed their minds and used 'eye of the tiger' instead. the rest is history !!

    That's just the regular Rocky theme in the training montage though. Afaik Eye of the Tiger actually replaced Another One Bites the Dust, which was originally going to score the opening montage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,216 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy


    Slydice wrote: »
    Just remembered the time hacking montage in Kung Fury! Might be the 80s feel of the thread! :)

    The full film is free here (only 30 mins long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

    Montage:



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fury

    Still waiting on the sequel.

    Seeing the Power Glove in that video made me think of the montage in The Wizard



  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭ hayser


    I always thought this one from She's the Man was very funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DlfD2Ob5Gc


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭ silverharp


    A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer



Advertisement