Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adobe creative cloud offer 40% off

Options
  • 14-04-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭

this might be of interest to some...I'm in 2 minds - probably wouldn't use most of the apps myself, but was thinking the older kids might get into it...

I have a disc version of lightroom that i need to reinstall, but possibly need a new pc too to get the best out of it. and read the book i got to figure out how to use it properly.

Adobe Creative Cloud all apps - €36.89 per month (normally €61)
    - offer ends April 23rd

Photoshop
    Illustrator
    InDesign
    Adobe XD
    Lightroom
    Acrobat Pro
    Animate
    Dreamweaver
    Premiere Pro
    Premiere Rush
    After Effects
    Dimension
    Audition
    InCopy
    Lightroom Classic
    Media Encoder
    Character Animator
    Prelude
    Fuse
    Bridge
    Access to the latest features and updates as soon as they’re released
    100 GB of cloud storage, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts and Adobe Spark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i don't think i can justify paying that amount for the full suite

but the lightroom and ps bundle does look like ok value at €12.79?

any advice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

ablelocks wrote: »
    i don't think i can justify paying that amount for the full suite

but the lightroom and ps bundle does look like ok value at €12.79?

any advice?

Affinity Photo is 50 off right now, one time payment of something like 25 quid, not monthly sub, lots of people jumping on the Affinity wagon, bought Designer myself. Excellent software. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I'm still using the last actual "releases" of Photoshop and Lightroom... where you actually bought a perpetual license for the product.
    I refuse to buy the subscription because if you stop paying it... you can't use it anymore.
    I also don't like the idea of my copyrighted works being duplicated in their cloud. Lord only knows what they do with it. The user agreement seems to be miles of small print.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Heebie wrote: »
    I refuse to buy the subscription because if you stop paying it... you can't use it anymore.

You have to if you want it to support the latest cameras and lenses.
    Heebie wrote: »
    I also don't like the idea of my copyrighted works being duplicated in their cloud.

You don't have to use their cloud if you don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You have to if you want it to support the latest cameras and lenses.

Or to shoot in DNG raw format, or use the camera manufacturer's conversion utilities to generate a DNG or uncompressed TIFF file.
    You don't have to use their cloud if you don't want.

If you any processing, their cloud sees your images in whole or in part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

ijohhj wrote: »
    Affinity Photo is 50 off right now, one time payment of something like 25 quid, not monthly sub, lots of people jumping on the Affinity wagon, bought Designer myself. Excellent software. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

This looks very good ! How is it that much cheaper than Adobe?? Can it do everything Lightroom can? I'm chatting online to an Adobe fella at the moment trying to get a lower subscription amount, but it's still going to be too much for me for how often I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just be aware of you subscribe you are doing it for the year. If you go to cancel the will charge you a breakage fee and most of the year sub

Regardless if you are going to cancel your sub or not, go on and cancel it. Using the 'it costs too much' option and they offer you 2 months free automatically no questions

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just be aware of you subscribe you are doing it for the year. If you go to cancel the will charge you a breakage fee and most of the year sub

Regardless if you are going to cancel your sub or not, go on and cancel it. Using the 'it costs too much' option and they offer you 2 months free automatically no questions

I just tried that and it didn't offer me two months free. Then I talked to a guy online so try get the deal and he wouldn't offer it. Is it because I pay annually not monthly maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

dory wrote: »
    I just tried that and it didn't offer me two months free. Then I talked to a guy online so try get the deal and he wouldn't offer it. Is it because I pay annually not monthly maybe?

Yeah sure you've paid them the money.

If you pay monthly and then go to cancel theres a pay where you say its because its too expensive. Then the next screen offers 2 months free.

Try it cunning up to your next annual payment

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭The Ging and I

I bought the full version of photoshop years ago. Then at some point I forget exactly I had a problem with it. I rang for help - there was none. They had stopped supporting it. No way I would touch Adobe again.
    I use capture 1 which has a lot of excellent tutorials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Gimp2 does a fine job and is free, as does the native photo apps that come with windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Just as a matter of interest and curiosity, I am availing of the 90 day free trial of that Affinity program mentioned by ijohhj.

I'm pretty impressed - obviously it's not in the same league as LR and CC - but at its current price of €28 to buy the software totally outright, it seems like really good value.

Advertisement