Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bark mulch

Options
  • 13-04-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Anybody delivering ton bags of bark mulch in Dublin at the moment thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭xl500

anyone please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I see mulch.or are doing this, anybody with experience of mulch.ie, or any other company?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,175 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have bought firewood and topsoil from them; can't fault the service.

Cheers MB. I just found your other comments on topsoil you received and seems pretty decent.
    Website looks v professional etc, and it's only up the road. But I often wonder if I'm paying for a good web designer and marketing strategy rather than good product.
    Unfortunately, I'm still not used to places getting both right in Ireland.

Will compare prices with a few garden centers and see what comes out on top

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Tabby McTat

Mulch are good operators. Have bought a few bags from them and very good to deal with. They have a drive-through click and collect on the Malahide Rd which is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,175 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we called up a few years ago when we were considering buying firewood from them - i wanted to eyeball it first, rather than spending a couple of hundred euro and finding out it was wet cotton wool only after it was delivered.
    anyway, the chap we got chatting to in the warehouse gave us two bags small free as testers, which was decent of them.

Only thing putting me of now is the delivery charge. I had assumed (oops) free delivery one getting a couple of ton bags.
    Collection really isn't an option.
    Not gonna order for another couple of weeks, so will try figure out best balance of cost v quality by then.
    https://tomphibbs.ie looks like a possibility too. Only 20 for delivery, instead of ~60 even though traveling further.

i thought mulch charged a flat €30 delivery charge regardless of number of bags?

weird - we paid €30 for delivery, it's now quoting €45+ on the site? i'd ring them, it's not that long ago we had it delivered, about 4 weeks i'd guess.

i thought mulch charged a flat €30 delivery charge regardless of number of bags?

weird - we paid €30 for delivery, it's now quoting €45+ on the site? i'd ring them, it's not that long ago we had it delivered, about 4 weeks i'd guess.

Aha, even I get far enough to enter delivery county as Dublin it shows €30.
    I never understand why delivery charges are so buried and hard to confirm.

Advertisement