Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Peter Crouch Podcast

Options
  • 13-04-2020 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

(Sorry if a thread already exists I checked but couldn't find one)

For anyone that loves Soccer I can't recommend That Peter Crouch Podcast enough and am passing the pod to all Sports fans.

Its genuinely the funniest, most entertaining podcast about Soccer with real insights into the professional game. Each episode has a theme (Champions League, refs, Match days, Half time team talks to name a few) that is discussed but there are brilliant stories, input from fans via email and Crouch is a really likeable chap.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

Yeah it's decent, magic sponge also, give the Graham Stack episode a listen to get a feel of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Only came across it in the last few weeks. Have been binging through the backlog of this. Real easy listing and good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's easy listening and all, but, for me, it's all got a bit formless lately.

The earlier podcasts had the perfect ratio between stories from Crouch about his career and a bit of lighthearted banter. It was a good mix. Early on the show was legitimately great. I even recommended to people who I knew couldn't care less about football.

These days though they seem to weigh heavily on the banter, to the point where it has become outright bantz.

It jumped the shark after the Crouchfest episode. There's no meat in the episodes any more. The supposed subject of each episode might only get a mention or two and the other 90% of the show will be just the boys and Crouch goofing around.

And while Crouch is funny enough, he isn't that funny. And the other two aren't really that funny at all, plus they absolutely laugh their heads off at everything he has to say.

Yes, yes, yes - It's free content of course. First year or so of the show is well worth listening too, but lately - not for me.

Advertisement