Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike tyre pump, Dublin?

Options
  • 12-04-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there, with all this nice weather my daughter wants to start cycling again but we can't find our pump. Any ideas where we might buy one in Dublin during lockdown? I tried Tescos to no avail. Amazon Prime delivery will take 10 days. Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

I think online is your only option, but delivery should 3-4 days with these,
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/search_b.asp?s_and=1&s_keyw=Pumps

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/s?mx01=a&utm_referrer=minicarttest&q=track+pumps&cat=direct&utm_expid=.ckkRuxI9QieiYxXQHS8d3A.1

It would be good idea to get a few inner tubes as well, just in case of puncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

It's not much better than 10 days, but Aldi are due to have cycling stuff in next Sunday, and they nearly always have floor pumps with the cycling special buy.

Otherwise, maybe check with neighbours, most people have a hand pump knocking about in the shed

Sorry, poster above me got in while I was slowly typing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where in dublin are you? some bike shops are dealing with customers on an appointment only basis, might be worth dropping them a mail and seeing if they can accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alee36

Thanks all for the brilliant replies and suggestions! I really appreciate it :-). I live not far from Dundrum so I will see if emailing Joe Daly helps, and will take if from there. THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Facebook message Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham.

They're closed, but they are doing a collection and delivery on items that need service, e.g. suspension forks, so they might deliver a track pump, seeing as you're nearby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement