Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited company - wrong address in B1 return

Options
  • 12-04-2020 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I did not change the address when I moved to the USA and instead I sent B1 with my old EEA address. Never updated CRO with my new address - company was not trading.

Closed the company later. I wasn't aware of the rules, assuming it was either:

Category 2 offense: summary conviction may result in a class A fine or imprisonment for a period not to exceed 12 months or both;
    Category 3 offense: only a summary offense, which carries a prison sentence of up to six months and a "class A fine" (or both); and

Is it fixable? It wasn't intentional, I wasn't aware of the requirements (stupid :( me)

It was a couple of years ago - just recently realized it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

trello2 wrote: »
    I did not change the address when I moved to the USA and instead I sent B1 with my old EEA address. Never updated CRO with my new address - company was not trading.

Closed the company later. I wasn't aware of the rules, assuming it was either:

Category 2 offense: summary conviction may result in a class A fine or imprisonment for a period not to exceed 12 months or both;
    Category 3 offense: only a summary offense, which carries a prison sentence of up to six months and a "class A fine" (or both); and

Is it fixable? It wasn't intentional, I wasn't aware of the requirements (stupid :( me)

It was a couple of years ago - just recently realized it.

Don't worry, if the company was struck off or closed then it's no major issue.

The cro actively close companies with no activity recorded or filed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ozo45

thegolfer wrote: »
    Don't worry, if the company was struck off or closed then it's no major issue.

The cro actively close companies with no activity recorded or filed.

Looks like a bigger problem to me:

Companies Act:

406. If a person in any return, statement, financial statement or other document required by or for the purposes of any provision of this Part intentionally makes a statement, false in any material particular, knowing it to be so false, the person shall be guilty of a category 2 offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

ozo45 wrote: »
    Looks like a bigger problem to me:

Companies Act:

406. If a person in any return, statement, financial statement or other document required by or for the purposes of any provision of this Part intentionally makes a statement, false in any material particular, knowing it to be so false, the person shall be guilty of a category 2 offence.

Op noted it was a couple of years ago, if it was an issue we'd be be discussing this in the legal forum, wondering how to get him out on bail!

Additionally it's a unintentionally made error.

Advertisement