Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on A2 Photo Printer

Options
  • 11-04-2020 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    I''m looking into getting a A2 printer to create Prints of photographs and artwork I hope to sell on ETSY and other sites.

I have narrowed the choice to either a:
    canon imageprograf prograf-1000 or a
    Epson SureColor SC-P800

Both would meet my needs and I'm wondering if others have either of them, how do they find them - any problems, etc...?

Also, I'm looking to get a test print of each off these printers on a paper I have, but I'm finding it hard to find someone with the printers.

I have tried both Canon and Epson (the companies) but neither very helpful.

If you have one of these printers I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Hi Takingiteasy

I use the Epson SC-P800. It has produced great results for me on a wide variety of paper. I print quite a bit, usually A3, but in bursts. I have never had a clogged head (yet) and print about once a month, but often a good few prints. If you want to get a test image printed why not contact http://www.sheldonphoto.com/. I'm sure they can help.

Be aware, The SC-P900 has just been launched. With 10 inks instead of 9. There will be "deals" on the P800.

Kind regards

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Takingiteasy

Thanks Adrian for your reply.
    I didn't know about the SC-P900 and I appreciate you letting me know.
    I see it wont be available for a few months yet - so yes hopefully there will be good deals when it does arrive.

Many thanks
    Eoin

Advertisement