Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes shops still open/online

Options
  • 10-04-2020 6:39pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭

With the weather changing we're soon going to need lighter pants and tops for our daughter.

Does anyone know if Tesco or Dunnes have their drapery sections open?

Online shopping is an option for the stores still delivering, but given how sizes can vary, i'd rather physically see them in a Dunnes/Tesco/M&S etc if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Dunnes was according to my husband

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Debenham's have a big online sale on at the moment until Monday, 50% off a lot of clothes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I was in Tesco Cabra yesterday and they'd a good selection of kids clothes.

I'm doing lots of ordering from H&M online, always find them good, very good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

bee06 wrote: »
    Dunnes was according to my husband

My dunnes the drapery is closed, but its upstairs separated so probably easier to manage closing it. They have bought rails of clothes downstairs though and they always had underwear essentials in the supermarket too.

Tesco might be an option too if you live near a large one.

While I'll happily shop in Debenhams delivery can be a pain, items can come from different warehouses so arrive separately.... I can't see the current environment improving on this.

Boots do nice clothes... The last time I logged onto their site the virtual queue nonsense didn't happen.

Littlewoods are also still delivering.

Gap do a nice range I think their sizing might be on the small side... Not sure if they are still delivering.

I'm not sure I'd risk ordering from Debenhams at the moment. Are they definitely still fulfilling orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'm not sure I'd risk ordering from Debenhams at the moment. Are they definitely still fulfilling orders?

Yes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

If you want cheap and cheerful, Dealz have small ranges of clothes for adults and children

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Asda are now delivering to the Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I bought a few summer bits for my baby in Tesco earlier. The drapery in the dunnes I normally go to is also open. You can order online from dunnes either, at least with dunnes, returns are easier than other shops!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Drapery section in my local Dunnes is open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I ordered from h&m online. They have free delivery at the minute. Orders are taking anywhere between 3 and 11 working days.

If you sign up to the newsletter online you get 25% off 1 item.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

GT89 wrote: »
    Drapery section in my local Dunnes is open

Headed there this morning. One Dunnes had a queue a mile long, the 2nd Dunnes was practically empty. Only a limited selection of clothes, but got what was needed.
    Boots let me in their clothes section, but didn't really want me in there at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

H and M
    Rainbow Kids Boutique , their shop is closed but you can shop online.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I see a story this morning that Next are reopening their online store.

shesty wrote: »

Oh I hope that’s true!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Oh I hope that’s true!

I saw it too... Kids clothes are gorgeous but I only buy in the sales... Too expensive for my blood :D

I saw it too... Kids clothes are gorgeous but I only buy in the sales... Too expensive for my blood :D

I buy in next a bit for my oldest boy, because I have three boys and the stuff wears well (not trousers though, he gets holes in the knees of those), and they can be passed down. I find if I buy cheaper stuff I usually buy it three times.
    Sometimes i buy in next for my baby (girl) too though, because it’s cute and I can’t resist. But she gets a lot from my friends who have girls, so I don’t buy much for her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yes I see on their website they’re testing how many orders they can take with reduced staff in warehouses etc!

I’ve ordered from Dunnes, M&S and H&M recently. Dunnes I would sometimes have gotten next day delivery in the normal course of events but it’s now taking 7-8days, H&M I generally find slow enough, waiting 4 days so far and expect it could be next week before it arrives. M&S I ordered Sunday night and they arrived this morning which is amazing!

All my ladies are transitioning into the next size up clothes wise over the next few weeks, really missing Penneys for knickers and socks etc!!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I buy in next a bit for my oldest boy, because I have three boys and the stuff wears well (not trousers though, he gets holes in the knees of those), and they can be passed down. I find if I buy cheaper stuff I usually buy it three times.
    Sometimes i buy in next for my baby (girl) too though, because it’s cute and I can’t resist. But she gets a lot from my friends who have girls, so I don’t buy much for her

I would be broke and homeless if I'd a girl.... The clothes are so adorable I wouldn't be able to resist :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I got a H&M delivery today...I feel it was about a week may6e?now there was a bank holiday..

No.1 needs a whole wardrobe of summer clothes (and she runs hot!!) No.2 needs nothing but sometimes gets it anyway (well, she needs shoes) and no.3 being the only boy also.needs summer clothes.And size 2-3 everything.Costs a fortune.I'd be like you jlm I spend the bit extra on their clothes and it gets passed down.

• Advertisement

I got a H&M delivery today...I feel it was about a week may6e?now there was a bank holiday..

No.1 needs a whole wardrobe of summer clothes (and she runs hot!!) No.2 needs nothing but sometimes gets it anyway (well, she needs shoes) and no.3 being the only boy also.needs summer clothes.And size 2-3 everything.Costs a fortune.I'd be like you jlm I spend the bit extra on their clothes and it gets passed down.

Waiting 10days so far on H&M delivery and not even a despatch email, still in processing. I of course need some of it for the eldest girls birthday this week!!! :(

Ah no Digs, it should have got to you by now.Get in touch with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I ordered from H&M last week and it arrived within a few days so something's definitely amiss there.

May not help you now as you've already shelled out for the first lot but Marks and Spencer still doing next day delivery. I ordered shorts and t-shirts on Saturday and they arrived this morning.

Ah bugger, just sent them an email there. I got an automatic email saying they’re experiencing delays getting back to people so I won’t hold my breath!

God love her, party cancelled in inflatazone, no friends and family around and now this is mucked up! I usually pick her clothes but my Mam transferred money to me to let her do her own order for her birthday so she’s been very excited, typical.

Poor child.We had one April party that didn't happen, I felt so bad for her because she has been talking about it since January...little guy will be in May, doubt that will happen either.
    Eldest is excitedly planning hers and I have to keep telling her the play centre might not be open.It is very hard on them, life has been a bit miserable for them since March.Hopefully the H&M stuff will come on time.

I've recently been ordering a lot from M&M Direct, I'm finding them great for both myself and my little dude.

Advertisement