Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Out of warranty Model S. Yes or No?

Options
  • 10-04-2020 2:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Simple thread, would you go for an out of warranty Model S now prices have come down.
    I would not touch a early 60 with a barge pole.
    But how about a late 2014 85 with acceptable range and all four handles replaced, unfortunately MCU still original????

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,967 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I would. Remember even an early 2014 Model S has another 2 years warranty on battery and drivetrain.

MCU would be my main concern. But after a recent software update the chances you'll get it are far smaller. And if you do get it, you usually get plenty of warngin and there are places now (not in Ireland) that can fix it for about EUR600, not the guts of three grand that Tesla is charging

That said, if you have a bit of patience, there is the occasional sub GBP30k Tesla CPO Model S coming up for sale. Only a few grand more than a private sale out of warranty car. Could be worth the wait for the peace of mind of the Tesla bumper to bumper warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Depends on the price. If you are saving 3k/4k from a CPO it pays for lots of issues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

True, but as these restrictions extend another month expires on bumper to bumper warranties.
    I was looking at a private sale with 6 months remaining bumper warranty but now that will turn into 4 months if mid May deal.
    Tick Tock

slave1 wrote: »
    Tick Tock

:(

And no driving no Tesla. Better go out and connect it up for a bit of a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes

• Advertisement

Deffo a saving versus CPO and with a CPO it's either free supercharging or AP1 but not both. I'd also prefer 19's instead but most cars I fancy have 21's.
    Perhaps I could just sell/swap the 21's for 19's but small market for that in Ireland.

Free supercharging has fairly limited value unless you have a supercharger near you (there are ones coming to Enfield and Sandyford, if you're in Dublin) or you go take the car on massive continental driving holidays.

Is AP1 a must for you? Is any other option a must, or just nice to haves? What's your budget? Once the lock down is over, I'd be more than happy to give you a good look and feel of my car if you like.

Thanks but I want my first drive to be after I bought it, been that way for my last two cars, internet purchases dropped off to the house. Might sound mad to some but I’m comfortable with it

In midlands so only Supercharger of interest would be Enfield but that’s been dragging its heels big time

Advertisement