Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric spray painter

Options
  • 08-04-2020 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I have 60m of concrete post and rail to paint white. Looking at Wagner electric spray painters with diluted paint. Any one any experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

I have a 350M, more for flat surfaces than long thin sections like rails. Could be done but a lot of over spray. You could get a narrow fan tip off eBay and use that.

71IiUK3FKeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

You would want a 217 tip, 4" spray fan for exterior paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I have a 350M, more for flat surfaces than long thin sections like rails. Could be done but a lot of over spray. You could get a narrow fan tip off eBay and use that.

71IiUK3FKeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

You would want a 217 tip, 4" spray fan for exterior paint.
    Thanks for that. Just wondering would I be better go for this.

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/direct-driven-air-compressors/products/893567/draper-24l-air-compressor-and-5-piece-air-tool-kit?gclid=CjwKCAjw7LX0BRBiEiwA__gNw-RcjxV8SyLyvHyeYthXcu6inIwIDsfNfWq0c2jw7AEVJFk7j8felhoCXP8QAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

May be controversial for professional painters but I bought this model from Amazon two years ago to paint kitchen cabinets. The results were absolutely excellent. Since then have painted fitted wardrobes and entire rooms open plan joined. It's been faultless. Used thinners for oil based satinwood and used water for emulsion.

You need filters when putting the paint in the holder filters are probably the most important part. But during my use I couldn't fault it at all. Beats all the faffing with compressors and water getting into the airlines.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Detachable-Containers-Universal-Decoration-Application/dp/B07H7L8QPV

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

You will spend more time filling that little pot with paint that using a brush would take!

You would be surprised how quick a 4" long pile roller will paint that, you would fly thru it. Get a long radiator arm handle.

ken5330350k.jpg

and a good quality long pile 4" roller like Hamilton

https://www.crowndecoratingcentres.ie/essentials/application/rollers/hamilton-perfection-long-pile-roller/11938

Cost €12.

Get them on eBay, will be here in a few days

You will spend more time filling that little pot with paint that using a brush would take!

You would be surprised how quick a 4" long pile roller will paint that, you would fly thru it. Get a long radiator arm handle.

ken5330350k.jpg

and a good quality long pile 4" roller like Hamilton

https://www.crowndecoratingcentres.ie/essentials/application/rollers/hamilton-perfection-long-pile-roller/11938

Cost €12.

Get them on eBay, will be here in a few days

Completely valid point, it comes with 2 pots and you can get more. Theres no planet rollering is quicker than that especially not on concrete.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Completely valid point, it comes with 2 pots and you can get more. Theres no planet rollering is quicker than that especially not on concrete.

Some of the fence is covered in chicken wire so rolling won't really work. What filters do you use

Some of the fence is covered in chicken wire so rolling won't really work. What filters do you use

can pick them up in sets of 100 on amazon, description will tell you based on what you need them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

May be controversial for professional painters but I bought this model from Amazon two years ago to paint kitchen cabinets. The results were absolutely excellent. Since then have painted fitted wardrobes and entire rooms open plan joined. It's been faultless. Used thinners for oil based satinwood and used water for emulsion.

You need filters when putting the paint in the holder filters are probably the most important part. But during my use I couldn't fault it at all. Beats all the faffing with compressors and water getting into the airlines.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Detachable-Containers-Universal-Decoration-Application/dp/B07H7L8QPV

Will it work with hair colour, now that the barbers are shut?
    It would certainly get to the root of the problem, and some :D

Good looking rig

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Will it work with hair colour, now that the barbers are shut?
    It would certainly get to the root of the problem, and some :D

Good looking rig

Definitely. Make sure the victim customer is wearing glasses taped on.

Just ordered that one along with filters.anyone who seems to have trouble with these seems to be down to lack of cleaning/maintenance. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for all the advice.

• Advertisement

Just ordered that one along with filters.anyone who seems to have trouble with these seems to be down to lack of cleaning/maintenance. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for all the advice.

Yeah I was using without filters at the start. Very bad time. Had paint clogs all the time from contamination in the head. Quickly learned I was a moron. Machine does its job . User needs to learn proper operation and maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Yeah I was using without filters at the start. Very bad time. Had paint clogs all the time from contamination in the head. Quickly learned I was a moron. Machine does its job . User needs to learn proper operation and maintenance.

Where are you getting the filters from?
    Thanks

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Where are you getting the filters from?
    Thanks

Amazon - see above.

I cranked up the new sprayer today. It's a great piece of machinery. I have 2 questions . I flew through paint .is that normal? It went on a bit thick as well. I tried to put on the smaller nozzle but it doesn't seem to fit. Any ideas?

I cranked up the new sprayer today. It's a great piece of machinery. I have 2 questions . I flew through paint .is that normal? It went on a bit thick as well. I tried to put on the smaller nozzle but it doesn't seem to fit. Any ideas?

Have you thinned the paint.if it's going on thick then it should be thinned for lighter coats.

Yes it will be eaten faster than equivalent rolling but it makes up in speed and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Considering peoples experiences with this sprayer would it be ok to spray a treated post and rail fence which is faced off with 2 inch fence panels in a similar fashion to the attached picture.

I will be using Ronseal fence life or equivalent. Will i be wasting a lot of paint due to the narrow panels? There are over 1100 to be painted so I wanted to avoid using paintbrush or roller.

Advertisement