Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVIT-19; Restaurants doing take away meals?

Options
  • 08-04-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I think i'll treat myself to yet another take away at the weekend - its my only luxury right now.
    Thinking i might try support a local restaurant that's doing take away (until Covit-19 is over).

I know Anglers Rest is doing take away; anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Browne’s is on Deliveroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The Paddocks in Littlepace

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Great guys, thanks for the tips.
    I've not eaten in either of those places before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Maxamillians in the Superquinn shopping centre too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Although it’s not strictly Dublin 15, The Brock Inn on the old Ashbourne Road, are doing a Drive Thru’ style restaurant/kitchen. Open, 7 days a week from 9:00am for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. If you are a essential worker and use the route to go to and from work, it could be very handy.
    https://www.facebook.com/1461935740766493/posts/2319664598326932/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Maxamillians in the Superquinn shopping centre too

Got a delivery from here on Friday (note; it's "Gourmet Pizza Factory" on justeat.ie), it really is great quality Italian.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Although it’s not strictly Dublin 15, The Brock Inn on the old Ashbourne Road, are doing a Drive Thru’ style restaurant/kitchen. Open, 7 days a week from 9:00am for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. If you are a essential worker and use the route to go to and from work, it could be very handy.
    https://www.facebook.com/1461935740766493/posts/2319664598326932/

Did you see the video of the queue to get into here at the weekend? Absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Did you see the video of the queue to get into here at the weekend? Absolutely nuts.

The Brock’s food is like real home cooking. The Corned Beef dinner is the best I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just set up a Just Eats account and you'll have access to dozens of great restaurants and takeaways in D15. Got a lovely Indian meal delivered from Dehli Darbar, Clonee last night. Whole process can be done as contactless if you pay online and add instruction for delivery person to drop food at your door and just ring doorbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Castleknock Hotel is doing takeaway (collection) now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Just set up a Just Eats account and you'll have access to dozens of great restaurants and takeaways in D15. Got a lovely Indian meal delivered from Dehli Darbar, Clonee last night. Whole process can be done as contactless if you pay online and add instruction for delivery person to drop food at your door and just ring doorbell.

Had a delivery from Delhi Darbar the other week was fabulous,. Wasn't too mad on the home made somoosa a bit doughy. Will definitely order again from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Eddie rockets delivered via just eat arrived freezing cold and inedible- microwaved chips and burgers is not recommended.

Dinner for One takeaway from “Spice of India” though- amazing food and enough to easily feed two maybe even three people.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Eddie rockets delivered via just eat arrived freezing cold and inedible- microwaved chips and burgers is not recommended.

Dinner for One takeaway from “Spice of India” though- amazing food and enough to easily feed two maybe even three people.

Had Eddie's yesterday picked it up though. Nothing was reheated all fresh and still piping hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Had Eddie's yesterday picked it up though. Nothing was reheated all fresh and still piping hot.

oh it was me that microwaved it / issue im sure was just eat. Took an hour to arrive stine cold - First time using them and dont think id have the confidence of using them again. Whole family meal from ERockets wasnt cheap to be throwing away!

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

ozmo wrote: »
    oh it was me that microwaved it / issue im sure was just eat. Took an hour to arrive stine cold - First time using them and dont think id have the confidence of using them again. Whole family meal from ERockets wasnt cheap to be throwing away!

We had the same experience recently, kids really really wanted Eddies and milkshakes, it also took an hour to arrive and the chips were cold and they had this awful mealy texture. (I wondered if they'd been cooked in over hot oil so the inside didn't fully cook) Disgusting mouth feel, shudder still thinking about it. Burgers were okay but only just warm and the milkshakes were melted goop. Absolute waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I find even thicker chips and burgers rarely are hot or even warm when delivered. They don't seem to travel well like pizzas or Chinese/Indian dishes which have sauces that stay hotter for longer.

I laughed when I heard KFC and Burger King now deliver...their chips are cold by the time you take your tray to the table in the restaurant!

Advertisement