Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plane or helicopter-like object in night sky

Options
  • 07-04-2020 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Was woken last night around 1:00 to sound of a plane or helicopter overhead. Fairly loud.
    It happened on two occasions within a few minutes.
    I got up to look when I saw the lights flashing through the window.
    Whatever it was, it was a large circular shape, flashing red or white lights, alternating between the two. It hung over what seemed the same space in the sky for several minutes, before slowly moving away.
    I don't know anything about aviation etc. I've been woken to sounds like this before, and lasting similar length of time (staying a few minutes overhead) but didn't get up to look. I'd like to know what it is if anyone has an idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

A plane or helicopter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Yeah, ok. What is it doing there at 1:00am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Garda helicopter maybe. Crime doesnt sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Collette Browne the journalist was asking about a Helicopter in Dublin last night...Gardai monitoring isolation apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Could also be the coastguard helicopter, he's a noisy bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Collette Browne the journalist was asking about a Helicopter in Dublin last night...Gardai monitoring isolation apparently.
    Thanks, found thread here
    https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1247316528971702272
    If it's to protect health then they shouldn't be disturbing sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

eleventh wrote: »
    Thanks, found thread here
    https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1247316528971702272
    If it's to protect health then they shouldn't be disturbing sleep.

I'm on the wrong side of 50 and I have never been stopped on foot by a Garda, and I could count on two hands the amount of times I have been stopped while driving.

My son is 11 and has been stopped three times in a small town while out walking and asked his business and where he is going.

They are certainly taking it seriously.

Advertisement