Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Facebook Two-factor authentication

• 06-04-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭ NeVeR

Hi All,

I had an separate account on facebook for a business, I've not logged into them in a while as I closed the business.

Today I went to login and noticed it had Two-factor authentication - I was using the Google Authentication app to generate codes when logging it.

However - Since I last logged in I got a new phone... and the Google App doesn't have any stored sites.

I've been looking online and Facebook says to print off the one off codes.. but I can't login to print them off.

They also give an option to made a code via settings etc.. but again I can't login to get to there.

I also tried to find support - but it asks you to login.

While I don't need this account right now, I will in about 4-6 months be starting the business up again and I've quite a large following on the business account.

Any ideas what I can do?

I must not have had a phone on the account, as i'm not getting an option to be texted a code.

Advertisement