Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying instruments in lockdown

• 06-04-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any shops in Ireland selling online during the Covid-19 pandemic?

I am looking to pick up a guitar to start (re)learning it given the amount of spare time at the weekends now.

I can order what I want from Amazon, but if possible, I'd rather support an Irish store though this difficult time.

So, just wondering if anyone knows of any stores still selling online? I've no idea of even physical stores in Ireland so don't know where to start with a search even.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I bought a guitar from Andertons in the UK. It arrived today, a day earlier than expected. I ordered it on 2nd April and it wasn't in stock so it came quite quickly. I know its not an Irish shop but im very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has anyone bought from Savins before?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

That's great if Andertons is delivering on time. I am also looking to buy a few musical instruments, including a couple of footswitches for my brother but Amazon seller is not providing it from more than 14 days. I am thinking to cancel the order but my brother is saying we should wait for some more time. Many buyers are saying that they are facing a 4 weeks delay. Many people are saying that food and medical supply orders are being delivered on time but not sure about other orders. Also found this article little helpful in this regard.

Now, after checking bass pedals and other musical instruments on Andertons, I just want to make an order there, but as I have already placed order at Amazon, that's why it is restricting me to doing that. I think the administration should allow home deliveries of all supplies even in lockdown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Many Irish shops will deliver, especially the smaller ones - just give them a ring

Advertisement