Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal for poker site

Options
  • 05-04-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife will soon be applying for a mortgage. I’m meant to be playing an online poker game tomorrow night. I want to fund the account but don’t want to jeopardise a loan from the bank. Will the deposit stay private if I use the likes of PayPal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Potentially bank could ask for statement from PayPal if they see regular payments to it, a single payment might be ok.

Paddy Power and PokerStars also allow desposit of money by Paysafecard, this is purchaseable at Payzone Outlets, Dealz etc, might be a more risk free option, think it's limited to €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Had an online club game tonight on pokerstars for the first time. The payment comes up in your bank account as 'stars'. I would say if the payment are small and not regular there would not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

kieran. wrote: »
    Had an online club game tonight on pokerstars for the first time. The payment comes up in your bank account as 'stars'. I would say if the payment are small and not regular there would not be an issue.

Beside ‘Stars’ in a statement it’s also linked to ‘entertainment’, just an fyi.

Gambling transactions are a huge black mark on applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Beside ‘Stars’ in a statement it’s also linked to ‘entertainment’, just an fyi.

Gambling transactions are a huge black mark on applications.

Bit of a hyperbole to be honest...

https://www.ebs.ie/blog/2016/05/5-things-that-wont-ruin-your-mortgage-application

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Which poker site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Which poker site?

Pokerstars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Pokerstars

See if there still taking paysafecard as an option and find a retailer here.

https://www.paysafecard.com/en-ie/

Your better off getting one if your applying for a mortgage.

Most post offices and shops sell them if i remember correctly.

Don't think pokerstars accept paypal.

Advertisement