Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleansing balm recommendations?

Options
  • 05-04-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I've been using the Drunk Elephant balm and absolutely love it but don't like that I can't get it from an Irish site.

I've recently used Clinique Take The Day Off but don't think it cleanses as deeply as the DE one.

Can anyone recommend a balm that gives a good deep clean that preferably can be bought on a Irish site/bricks and mortar shop (when the lock down ends)? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I've been using the Drunk Elephant balm and absolutely love it but don't like that I can't get it from an Irish site.

I've recently used Clinique Take The Day Off but don't think it cleanses as deeply as the DE one.

Can anyone recommend a balm that gives a good deep clean that preferably can be bought on a Irish site/bricks and mortar shop (when the lock down ends)? :)

Pestle and mortar erase and renew is a great two step product and us Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Lush Ultrabland is the best I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I use oil and hot water or else any old cleanser.

If you can afford drunk elephant go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Of all the cleansers ive tried over the years, I always go back to coconut oil. I will normally do a double cleanse, take makeup up and dirt off with oil and then wash my face with a cheap simple or elf facewash, it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've heard that Burt's Bees have an excellent cleansing balm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

I love the Pixi x Caroline Hirons Double cleanse. I buy from Cloud10 Beauty online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really like the Drunk Elephant one, it’s amazing and such good value for money considering the size of the tub. I also really rate the Lush Ultrabland, I used it religiously for about 6 years before switching to DE. It’s also fab but the DE is just slightly better so I prefer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Thanks for all the replies :)

The cost of DE isn't the issue, it was more that I couldn't find it on an Irish website or shop. I'm trying to reduce the amount of international online shopping I do.

I tried Ultrabland before, I found it took thick and it dragged my skin unfortunately.

I'm considering the Pestle & Mortar one. I think I'll get the smaller size to start and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

The Emma Hardie balm in m and s is really nice. I also used one that I got in Sephora in US called green clean (Korean brand) and really liked it. You can get it online from UK AFAIK.

The Emma Hardie balm in m and s is really nice. I also used one that I got in Sephora in US called green clean (Korean brand) and really liked it. You can get it online from UK AFAIK.

Oh yes I forgot about Emma Hardie. I got a morninga balm sample a few years ago and loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I ran out of Ultrabland and now that the shops are closed, I've resorted to using sweet almond oil. Which has been working well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I love the Holos This is More Plant oil. Melts make up off and just smells so lovely! The bottle lasts ages too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lornamd

The body shop chamomile cleansing balm is lovely! I also recently bought one from the new Penney's wellness range - it's in a brown glass jar and I like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

REN cleansing balm is so gentle on my sensitive skin but removes every scrap of make up.

Botanics range in boots do a balm too which is nice but leaves a residue on my skin (and my sink :mad:)

REN cleansing balm is so gentle on my sensitive skin but removes every scrap of make up.

Botanics range in boots do a balm too which is nice but leaves a residue on my skin (and my sink :mad:)

I actually bought the botanics one after posting here as it was on offer and looked good. It's a lovely thick balm but I think it was clogging the sink so I've had to discontinue using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I just bought the Elemis cleansing balm from Look Fantastic. I’ve heard really good things about it and have been wanting to try it for ages. I’m working on using up all my skincare recently so have been trying not to buy more. Finally, I’m about to run out of the Farmacy one I’ve been using so time to try something new! It’s normally €60 on look fantastic but they have it reduced and then I used discount code WEEKEND for additional 15% off so got it for €42. It’s 105g too which is huge so it’s good value!

Advertisement