Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UniFi Set up problem...any ideas?

Options
  • 05-04-2020 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a UniFi home network using this video as a guideline...https://youtu.be/f_-iuY_xxFY

More details below but cannot get my USG to get internet connection with bridged modem/router.
    Any pointers greatly appreciated (lost 2 days of my life trying to figure this out)

My actual set up:
    1. Internet Provider: Vodafone Ireland VSDL, PPoE
    2. Modem/Router: Huawei HG568c, PPoE bridged (DHCP and wireless all off). Left IP address alone at 192.168.1.1. Note: This set up works to problem when connected to Apple Time Capsule which is supplying home WiFi currently.
    3. LAN cable from Ethernet port onHG568c to WAN1 port on UniFi Security Gateway (USG)
    4. LAN cable from LAN1 on USG to port1 on UniFi Switch-8-60W (8-60W)
    5. LAN cable from port2 on 8-60W to Apple iMAC (has JAVA v8 build 241 and UNIFI controller software installed)
    6. LAN cable from port 8 (PoE out) on 8-60W to UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 (CKG2)
    7. LAN cables from ports 6 & 7 (PoE out) on 8-60W to two UniFi AP AC PRO’s

My problem starts with getting the USG to provide internet.

When I access USG at 192.168.1.1, change WAN settings to PPoE (incl. Vodafone username/password), change LAN settings to 192.168.2.1 and DHCP range to reflect this I get green message to say “The Gateway is connected to the internet”.

BUT....the light on the USG WAN1 port is orange and when I go to set up CKG2 it shows not internet disconnected (CKG2 does show an IP address)

When log into controller software I can only configure the USG and when I do it goes through provisioning to adaption failed to disconnected and CKG2 screen then says Ethernet disconnected.

Comments

Advertisement