Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridley Feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

With an original RRP of €2,000 I'd be expecting better that a 105 group set.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

It's a 105 mix! I think there is better value out there for aluminium frames bikes. The only thing it has to, arguably, boost its price is disk brakes.

I recently bought, through LBS, a full potenza equipped alu framed bike, rim brakes, and including pedals for €1,250.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

I hear you, I’m considering it at its current price not RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

531 wrote: »
    It's a 105 mix! I think there is better value out there for aluminium frames bikes. The only thing it has to, arguably, boost its price is disk brakes.

I recently bought, through LBS, a full potenza equipped alu framed bike, rim brakes, and including pedals for €1,250.

Can you share a few more details thanks a mil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

531 wrote: »
    It's a 105 mix!
    As far as I can see, the only change is the crankset. From a bit of googling, it seems to be around the same price as a 105 crankset and I've seen a claim that one reason manufacturers use FSA is they offer better BB compatibility than Shimano (I'm not qualified to judge that claim though).

• Advertisement

rcklap wrote: »
    Can you share a few more details thanks a mil

https://www.chickencyclekit.co.uk/show_product.php?cat=239&p=12372

LBS can get one for you.

Plenty of choice out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Ridley are generally 10%+ dearer than equivalent in a lot of other brands, due to them being a small manufacturer. They make such classic looking bikes, I think I'd buy one if I was looking for a bike now

terrydel wrote: »
    Ridley are generally 10%+ dearer than equivalent in a lot of other brands, due to them being a small manufacturer. They make such classic looking bikes, I think I'd buy one if I was looking for a bike now

I agree, Ridley are fine bikes. Maybe it is just CRC/Wiggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Nothing wrong with that bike, hydraulic groupset, carbon fork. The only minor annoyance might be the bb30 if you need to replace it but that's minor. Canyon and rose might have similar specced bikes at that price though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the frame itself is not cheap - seems to be about €900.

how much is shipping from australia? nearly €450 quid cheaper here at current exchange rates:

https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/road-bikes/ridley/vic/port-melbourne/ridley-helium-sla-disc-105-silver-black/105200257

• Advertisement
Advertisement