Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of heating oil

Options
  • 04-04-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Any have an idea if the prices are still falling?

I can see 1000 litres has gone from 580 to500 in the past few days.

Is it worth holding out for a bigger drop?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Crude prices have stopped falling, so any feed through will be short at best most likely. I've seen 1000 for under 500 in some places however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

amandstu wrote: »
    Any have an idea if the prices are still falling?

I can see 1000 litres has gone from 580 to500 in the past few days.

Is it worth holding out for a bigger drop?

500 is fairly good value compared to recent prices. If you need a fill I wouldn't wait. A deal to cut supply has been reached between Russia and OPEC so further falls are unlikely and prices will slowly increase.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also, the carbon tax increase may just have taken affect, now that I think of it,

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

L1011 wrote: »
    Also, the carbon tax increase may just have taken affect, now that I think of it,

Wasn't that meant to be from the beginning of May?

Wasn't that meant to be from the beginning of May?

Not sure - just know its roughly around this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Plenty of suppliers at 450ish.

Capital oil in Newbridge is one.

Check cheapestoil.ie for your area.

But get it in the next few days.

Dollar has weakened and oil prices shot up by 40% last week.

Advertisement