Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Grand Slam 2009

• 03-04-2020 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,961 ✭✭✭✭ Shefwedfan

So this idea came to me on the RTE bashing thread but the more I think of it

With the amount of poo ont he TV these days I would expect RTE to hit the archives. A huge part of the population would not have watched the great Grand Slam of 2009. I managed to get lovely tickets for Ireland v England :P

Anyway could we somehow put a request into RTE to play one of the games from that year each night on RTE. Would be a lot better than the drivel that is on.

A week of rugby would cheer up the country, especially in the knowledge the end is that drop goal and missed kick :P:P:P

Make it happen people, make it happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,285 ✭✭✭✭ Podge_irl

The France game aside, they were not good games. Without the tension and drama they would be pretty grim watching I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,961 ✭✭✭✭ Shefwedfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The France game aside, they were not good games. Without the tension and drama they would be pretty grim watching I think.

Have you seen the current schedule ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭ Thrashssacre

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have you seen the current schedule ?

Nobody's being forced to watch there sh1te programme plenty of others providing better material.

Nobody's being forced to watch there sh1te programme plenty of others providing better material.

What now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭ Digifriendly

It should all be somewhere on Youtube anyway. I must say watching a full rerun of every game does not appeal to me. 15-20 highlights yes but not the full 80.

• Advertisement

It should all be somewhere on Youtube anyway. I must say watching a full rerun of every game does not appeal to me. 15-20 highlights yes but not the full 80.

In the UK they are replaying all the matchs form Euro 1996

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former

I have the DVDs. Every match, in full.

Still in the cellophane wrapper, ten years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭ bilston

Inspired by this thread I watched a 15 minute highlights package of the France game this morning. We all remember Heaslip and BOD's brilliant tries in that game, but Harinorduquay's try was pretty tasty as well. It was a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭ AbusesToilets

Just rewatched the 2003 game vs England on YouTube. Talk about missed opportunities, so many squandered chances. Geordan Murphy was on fire, just a damn shame he broke his leg.

Advertisement