Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favouritism

Options
  • 02-04-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi. I work in the education sector and have worked my way up to a successful position throughout the years. I work with another girl who is very nice and I get on with. We got a new boss last year who is a very nice person. Just for some insight we are a team of 5. Over the past year, our boss constantly hands out work, sometimes unbeknown to myself to my colleague. She recently was given a project which I had interest in. We are both very good at our job and meet our targets. Anyway, I've hinted at this with my boss throughout the year but everytime I do it, I feel like I could across jealous which isnt my intention. It all got two much 2 weeks ago and i asked if i could have a meeting with him to run through my feelings.

The meeting happens and i again feel like I'm coming across jealous and his reactions to my comments verify my feeling. I've spoken to the other members of the team who work more so on secondary education and they have suggested I'm jealous also and that I cant always have praise.

I feel awful that people think this of me to the point its ruining my days and consuming me. Has anyone else gone through this? Should I care so much what others think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Maybe this is a thread for Personal Issues rather than WP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Why hint?
    'Boss,the upcoming project xyz sounds like something I would be interested in and could do well.Could you please keep me in mind for it'

Simple and straightforward.

Advertisement