Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private afterschool fees

Options
  • 02-04-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just looking for some advice ,my dd attends an afterschool service ,we recieved a message last week looking for full payment until Easter holidays ,its a private registered setting with no funding but I have read that no parents are to pay for childcare or would this only include funded settings ? There would have been no food costs,only standard electricity costs and I know there is no rent been charged during covid19,how do I broach this without upsetting anyone ?I thought half fees would have been fair any advice or info would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Not quite the same but we're paying our minder as normal during the current time. We're both still getting paid so we decided she should too. I would expect to have to pay for the service, perhaps at a reduced rate, to keep the place and to ensure it doesn't close down altogether.

Advertisement