We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Which classical school grades?

Comments

Tec Diver wrote: »
    Hi all,
    As we're in lockdown, I'm going back to classical guitar and aiming for my graded exams later this year.

Which school is most commonly used for grades in Ireland, LCM or Trinity or another?

TIA
    Eoin

If you have a teacher, your best bet is to ask them which boards they use. If you're putting yourself through, ring around a few centres and look at exam times, costs, etc. ABRSM and RIAM are two other common boards, and the RIAM ones you can do in town fairly handily (if you're based in Dublin that is).

Whatever you choose, best of luck!

Thanks. I don't have a teacher, I used to, but he moved on from the school - who mainly teach the Rock School courses. He didn't start me on any particular path, as I only had one semester with him. Great teacher though.
    I'll check out the RIAM, thanks!

Eoin

Tec Diver wrote: »
    Hi all,
    As we're in lockdown, I'm going back to classical guitar and aiming for my graded exams later this year.

Which school is most commonly used for grades in Ireland, LCM or Trinity or another?

TIA
    Eoin

use YouTube

Society & Culture