Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Pandemic Unemployment Payment affect your SUSI grant?

Options
  • 01-04-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Will the Pandemic Unemployment Payment affect my SUSI grant renewal?

I'm currently out of my part-time job due to the pandemic and I don't know if I should apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment.

I currently qualify for the SUSI grant because my part-time employment was low enough.

I'm just wondering is this pandemic payment scheme going to be calculated by SUSI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Z0zz wrote: »

I'm currently out of my part-time job due to the pandemic and I don't know if I should apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment.

I currently qualify for the SUSI grant because my part-time employment was low enough.

I'm just wondering is this pandemic payment scheme going to be calculated by SUSI?

When you rang SUSI what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Z0zz

splinter65 wrote: »
    When you rang SUSI what did they say?

When I rang SUSI, they were closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,622 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Welfare benefits not counted
    https://susi.ie/eligibility/income/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

zell12 wrote: »
    Welfare benefits not counted
    https://susi.ie/eligibility/income/

Not all of them are disregarded.

Jobseekers Benefit is counted .
    I have been in touch with them and they said they haven't determined ifit will be disregarded yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭blackbox

Z0zz wrote: »

If your part time employment didn't affect it, why would the pandemic payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

blackbox wrote: »

Because it's probably a lot more than the wages they were on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

blackbox wrote: »

I presume because the pandemic payment will be more than their part time work payment. Please confirm or not OP.

Think there needs to be a cap in place if this is the case. No one should make more out of the crisis

Advertisement