Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post tracking number beginning with AY? Amazon?

Options
  • 01-04-2020 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Just got a text informing me I have a parcel to be delivered tomorrow.

I haven't ordered anything and am not expecting anything.

The tracking number begins with AY - just wondering if this is an An Post code for Amazon perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Ignore it, a scam in the making. Don’t click on any sites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Most of the parcels i get from amazon that are delivered by an post always have tracking number starting with AY.......so id say its genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

AY is Amazon tracking number

Could be scam or delivery by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Morby wrote: »
    The tracking number begins with AY - just wondering if this is an An Post code for Amazon perhaps?

for me anyway, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks all.

The text seems legit, tracking number works on An Post, no dodgy links or request for money to pay "customs" etc..

Just thinking it may be a gift from someone via Amazon now and yes, I am getting excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

Don't open it too quickly. Try and stretch it out for a few days at least ðŸ˜

The text seems legit, tracking number works on An Post, no dodgy links or request for money to pay "customs" etc..

Of course, just because whom ever order the items gave you mobile, does not mean they gave your address.

On the tracking, does it mention which delivery office has the item and does that make sense for where you live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I'm getting a lot of emails from 'An Post' telling me that I need to pay them for under postage on a parcel which sometimes says its a phone I've won in a competition or some other item.

If you have ordered something on line you will have received a confirmatory email and then emails which track your order - unless someone has bought you a present.

Wait and see what turns up, but don't click on the strange link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Advertisement

Just thinking it may be a gift from someone via Amazon now and yes, I am getting excited :D

So, did you get a parcel today?

Advertisement