Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for expecting mother to twins, help!

Options
  • 31-03-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Could I get some suggestions for gifts for upcoming parents to twins? What was most useful to you or what do you wish you had bought sooner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Things I couldn’t live without were the tommee tippee perfect prep machine. It’s basically like a coffee machine only for baby bottles, save hours of work, would definitely be worth it for twins. Cocoonababy was also is life saver. They’re expensive though and I’ve only had to buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I wish I’d bought my cloth wipes sooner. Like, really really wish!
    What’s your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Tommee Tippee machine was my favourite, I couldn't have been without it. A Gro-light was also a favourite, it turns your normal light or lamp into a night light.

A voucher for a night nurse or post-partum doula...if you are really splashing out money(!). Just knowing there was a night off in the future could get me through some very long nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I wouldn’t gift a perfect prep machine. They’re not recommended by the fsai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Homemade babysitting voucher.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’d check to see if the mam is planning on bottle feeding or breast feeding. Some of the gifts mentioned here are only suitable if bottle feeding. I’d probably go with something like a good feeding pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Having had twins myself I found a feeding pillow to be wonderful help to hold the babies when feeding. Otherwise a good baby thermometer is always a good practical present. I found a baby changing table to be invaluable too. Prep machine I did have, but too slow when the babies got older, to make 2 bottles so I just went back to batch bottles and gave the prep machine away.
    You really can’t underestimate the gift of time for a new mum to twins, help to clean the house or mind the babies for an hour so she can sleep or grab a shower. They were the things people did that I’ll never forget. Twins are amazing but by God are they hard work

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Honestly.....I would offer to pay for a cleaner to come in for one or two sessions.
    Or bring some dinners for the freezer.I cannot tell you much those stupid little things are appreciated with newborns.Never mind twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes some pre made dinners for the freezer would be amazing!

We also found the morrck car seat blankets really useful. as you dont have to dress the babies up to much to leave the house https://morrck.com/

Or baby towels.

A good feeding cushion is a necessity too. Bottle feeding mums often use the twinz to prop baby up. I breast fed and I found the breast friend cushion amazing but thats probably up to mum herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

fits wrote: »

Or baby towels.

I loved the clevamama baby towels. https://www.clevamama.com/apron-baby-bath-towel-white-new.html
    Had 2 hands free, I loved being able to pick baby up and cuddle them in after the bath and I didnt get wet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I loved the clevamama baby towels. https://www.clevamama.com/apron-baby-bath-towel-white-new.html
    Had 2 hands free, I loved being able to pick baby up and cuddle them in after the bath and I didnt get wet!

We had them as well and they were lovely towels. Would be a nice gift too. Only stopped using them recently also!

Advertisement