Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Suggestion

Options
  • 30-03-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on a bike. I'm just looking for an all around bike that i can ride on road and off road a bit too. Just for casual cycles every now and then. Don't wanna break the bank with it, under a grand would be ideal.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Hi guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on a bike. I'm just looking for an all around bike that i can ride on road and off road a bit too. Just for casual cycles every now and then. Don't wanna break the bank with it, under a grand would be ideal.

Thanks a lot

Depends how much off road you want to do and what you define as off road.
    If the roughest thing you're doing is forest tracks than go for a cx or gravel bike, under a grand look at the second hand market.
    If you want to ride mtb trails buy a hardtail mtb under 1000 you could go brand new but again bargains to be had in the used market

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot

Gravel bike or cross bike sounds like your only man so. Good on road and off and very rugged.

If you're going under a grand you could go secondhand, as previous poster said.

OR

When shops are back open, Halfords have fairly decent cross and gravel bikes for well under a grand.

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/adventure-bikes/

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/cyclocross-bikes/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the voodoo nakisi in that link from Halfords. It's a gravel/adventure/whatever bike, and I love it

Advertisement