Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help with the V5

Options
  • 29-03-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello guys,how are you? So about two months ago I had bought a vehicle form an auction website called coparts in the UK.

It is a Vauxhall Corsa which I got for a fair price.I got the car delivered in Dublin and it was all going good.

I took the car to the VRT office to get it registered on Irish plates.I showed them what the people at coparts gave me and they told me the V5 is missing.I had done some research about it and I saw that you cant apply for it here in Ireland.

Okay then,I called my friend in England and he said he will be able to do it for me.
    My question is that what is the process for him to get the v5,will they require his licence(which he doesn't have) ,an utility bill as I saw that could happen as well or will they require to see the car.

I am very worried about it as without paperwork this car is good for parts only.If there is any other way to VRT the car please let me know and thank you for reading this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

There is no other way to register the car unfortunately. You have to have the original v5. The best route is getting your friend to register it. Have you contacted Copart? They generally don't give the V5s to you during purchase, a few of the garages I deal with get them in the post after the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

michellie wrote: »
    There is no other way to register the car unfortunately. You have to have the original v5. The best route is getting your friend to register it. Have you contacted Copart? They generally don't give the V5s to you during purchase, a few of the garages I deal with get them in the post after the sale.

Fill out the form to request a replacement V5 and fill in your friend's details in the section "is there an ownership change?" box. There's a fee for the replacement- you'll have to include with the request form. Send it off to DVLA and the replacement V5 will then be sent out to your friend in the UK within a few weeks. Your friend can then 'sell' you the vehicle, give you the V5, with a receipt for 'the sale' and you will then go off to the VRT with receipt and V5 and all other necessary documents and get the car registered.

Advertisement