Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT

Options
  • 29-03-2020 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Did anyone have their NCT today in Waterford Sat March 28th?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Did anyone have their NCT today in Waterford Sat March 28th?

All nct centers are closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Closed until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Closed until further notice.

When did they close?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

When did they close?

I thought they were not affected after the Friday night briefing. Has this been changed between Friday and today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I wasn't aware they were closed that's why I asked when they closed, I've no idea like.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I wasn't aware they were closed that's why I asked when they closed, I've no idea like.

Think it was announced yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It was made official yesterday. They will be sorting something out. Likely extending the validity for a start. They expect to announce details in the coming days. For now, don't worry about it. You won't get in trouble for it running out. As long as the car itself is roadworthy you're fine.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nct-and-other-vehicle-services-suspended-5060938-Mar2020/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

JohnC. wrote: »
    It was made official yesterday. They will be sorting something out. Likely extending the validity for a start. They expect to announce details in the coming days. For now, don't worry about it. You won't get in trouble for it running out. As long as the car itself is roadworthy you're fine.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nct-and-other-vehicle-services-suspended-5060938-Mar2020/

Thanks. On Friday night was the NCT still ok and then they changed sometime Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's a mess, ncts stated they were given permission to continue by government....

Shane Ross comes out to say no.... We never gave them permission.

They were to hold talks but never did and just went over the government but were shot down.

Thanks. On Friday night was the NCT still ok and then they changed sometime Saturday.

Yeah on Friday it seemed like NCT centres would be staying open but yesterday Shane Ross came out and said that wouldn't be the case.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/41bf5e-statement-from-the-minister-of-transport-tourism-and-sport-shane-ros/

• Advertisement
Advertisement