Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots website

Options
  • 28-03-2020 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I am tearing my hair out here trying to order on the Boots website. I had an order in the other day, got right to the end and then got an error message. When I tried yesterday evening. they were only letting a certain number of people on to website. When I finally got on THIS MORNING, put in my order and got the same ****ing error (There was a missing parameter: paRes.)

Anyone had any luck? Or does anyone know anywhere else that would deliver Avene products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Who do you think would fill your order if you had been able to place it? Someone in the Boots Warehouse? They are in lockdown too so workers are not at work. If the Boots Warehouse is in the UK how do you think the ordered items would arrive in Ireland assuming you did get to complete your order? Virtually no transport in operation - all Ryanair flights are grounded.

Unless something is life or death, its safe to assume all on line ordering will be massively delayed if not curtailed, given the current global situation.

Hi CinnamonGirl
    Same issue here with boots - didn't bother online-queueing. They ship direct from UK warehouse, so I guess they're throttling demand so the warehouse doesn't backlog too much.

LloydsPharmacy stock Avene and deliver nationwide. I've never used their delivery/online service though so can't recommend or vouch for it one way or the other.
    https://www.lloydspharmacy.ie/products?SEARCH_WORD=AVENE&SEARCH_BRAND_AVENE=AVENE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Who do you think would fill your order if you had been able to place it? Someone in the Boots Warehouse? They are in lockdown too so workers are not at work. If the Boots Warehouse is in the UK how do you think the ordered items would arrive in Ireland assuming you did get to complete your order? Virtually no transport in operation - all Ryanair flights are grounded.

Unless something is life or death, its safe to assume all on line ordering will be massively delayed if not curtailed, given the current global situation.

This does not answer the OPs query, please try be helpful if you are going to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

What's with all the self righteous pontificating? People do not need to be bashed about the head with this constantly, it's a very difficult time as it is, and don't assume her reasons for needing Avene stuff. People should still look after themselves.

OP, don't really have any advice but I've been trying on Boots and am constantly getting put into a virtual queue

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Folks, please use the report function and don't engage with trolls. There has already been a warning in the thread, let's move on and stay on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Obviously their site crashed.

Right now it says :
    Hello, you're in a virtual queue

To help ensure everyone gets what they need, we're limiting the amount of people shopping the website.

Please do not refresh or close this page.

Please check the store locator for up-to-date opening hours.

Download our app to order your prescription online and we'll let you know when it's ready to collect in store. Find out more

Thank you for understanding
    Your estimated wait time is:
    more than an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

I ordered stuff two days ago, is anything being dispatched does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I ordered stuff two days ago, is anything being dispatched does anyone know?

I don't know what you hope to gain by asking that.

antix80 wrote: »

Fairly bloody self explanatory, but I'll spell it out. I am asking if anyone knows if they're still dispatching stuff seeing as I placed an order two days ago. If I'm lucky someone might know one way or another and I'll know of I'll need to try buy a substitute product locally, or if I should sit tight and wait on it to arrive.

Seriously what is with the nastiness in this thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

antix80 wrote: »

I'd imagine a response? Was wondering same re Amazon deliveries( of vitamins and cleaning products etc that I ordered last week). Also ordered a barbell from Elverys a few weeks ago. Am I entitled to cancel and get refund ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I waited in virtual queue this morning to make an order, got as far as payment details, but no further.
    At 1 point there were nearly 40,000 people in queue ahead of me.
    Don’t blame them for putting limitations on site, but still wish my order had gone through!

Addle wrote: »
    I waited in virtual queue this morning to make an order, got as far as payment details, but no further.
    At 1 point there were nearly 40,000 people in queue ahead of me.
    Don’t blame them for putting limitations on site, but still wish my order had gone through!

So frustrating. They must have developed a payment glitch over the last day. My mum was in a queue all day yesterday but managed to order last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hi CinnamonGirl
    Same issue here with boots - didn't bother online-queueing. They ship direct from UK warehouse, so I guess they're throttling demand so the warehouse doesn't backlog too much.

LloydsPharmacy stock Avene and deliver nationwide. I've never used their delivery/online service though so can't recommend or vouch for it one way or the other.
    https://www.lloydspharmacy.ie/products?SEARCH_WORD=AVENE&SEARCH_BRAND_AVENE=AVENE

Thanks for this i need some supplements!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Dpharmacy.ie is a website I found while boots was down and it’s great v fast delivery. Boots is back up and running now, the order I placed before they went down says despatched but it’s not arrived yet. They seem to still be out of stock of most things though

Ordered the day before the online queue started, got my order on Friday so at least they are shipping

Advertisement