Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orthodontist appointment during lockdown

• 27-03-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi I have an appointment with my orthodontist on Tuesday, had braces fitted 2 months ago. Wire is broken on one side and is digging in. I’m wondering if all orthodontic appointments will be postponed due to lockdown? I wouldn’t mind at all except for the broken wire.

I know it’s just been announced but I’d be very grateful if anyone does find out one way or other about orthodontic appointments being postponed I’d be very grateful.

My own is obviously closed for weekend but I’ll of course check with them on Monday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

I’d imagine all orthodontic treatment will be stopped for the foreseeable future.. weeks/months realistically

A broken wire definitely not an emergency at the moment

Do you have ortho wax, or something you can put on the end of the broken wire to stop it digging in?

http://www.orthodontist.ie/2020/03/how-to-look-after-my-braces-when-my-orthodontic-practice-is-closed/

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I’d imagine all orthodontic treatment will be stopped for the foreseeable future.. weeks/months realistically

A broken wire definitely not an emergency at the moment

Do you have ortho wax, or something you can put on the end of the broken wire to stop it digging in?

http://www.orthodontist.ie/2020/03/how-to-look-after-my-braces-when-my-orthodontic-practice-is-closed/

I know of course it’s not an emergency and yes I do have wax, enough for a while anyway thankfully, truthfully I’d hope it won’t have to stay like this for months. Given it’s not retail I’m just wondering if it’s definitely closed. I’m expecting it to be. I checked in earlier in the week and they said they had measures in place to allow them to continue seeing patients, I realize last night’s update will probably change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Just to update on this in case anyone else is wondering the same, my appointment went ahead as normal this morning. Was told they are going on an emergency only basis from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

As a parent who'd child is has metal braces - his appointment to have his braces adjusted was cancelled due to Covid-19, no update as when he can go back again.Question for others in the same boat -- has anyone received feedback from their practice regarding postponing payments until appointments start again? (I fully acknowledge that shutdown is outside the control of the Orthodontist).

Advertisement