Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best smelling beard oil/balm

• 27-03-2020 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all,

seeing as my isolation beard is starting to fill out a bit I thought I'd try some beard oils to calm down the itchiness. I bought this stuff but I'm not too fond of the fragrance.
    Do any of you more experienced beardsmen have any recommendations for a nice smelling beard oil or balm please?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Hi all,

seeing as my isolation beard is starting to fill out a bit I thought I'd try some beard oils to calm down the itchiness. I bought this stuff but I'm not too fond of the fragrance.
    Do any of you more experienced beardsmen have any recommendations for a nice smelling beard oil or balm please?

Thanks

The brisk ones I got in boots smell nice. I also picked up a nice smooth balm in aldi recently on offer. Great British shaving company I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There are so many tiny artisan brands it's hard to recommend a beard oil. I've ordered several from Amazon.co.uk, a fancy DR Harris Windsor from a shaving site, and even a few from etsy from before the beard craze when beard oil was less common. The DRH one had a good scent (Windsor) but wasn't the best formula. I never found one that really had a really amazing scent that lasted for long. Most are pleasant but fade quickly and since I usually put it on first thing in the morning I realised I didn't want too strong a scent that early. I started paying more attention to the ingredients but still haven't been able to match an early etsy purchase. Not the best scent, but I now reserve it for when my beard really needs help. Never did figure out which oil (thought sunflower but no) made it so good. I did find some with good scents but they seem to be out of business now (including the really good one from etsy I mentioned).

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. There are lots of options but few standout brands or scents that I'm aware of. Maybe the simplicity of the product is it's undoing as there are so many offerings it is hard for one to rise to the top.

Advertisement