Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir New Build Connection- What a nightmare

Options
  • 23-03-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm struggling to get information on how to request broadband connection to my house. It's a new development that will see over 600 houses but it looks like EIR doesn't care at all.

I tried to contact them, it's a well covered area and we already have the Eir ducting box outside.
    When I search for availability on their website I get that my eircode can't be found even though it's available for a few months already.

I called them and the first time they hang up on me after waiting 25mins and the second time I spoke to someone who was unhelpful.

He said it can take up to 6months to connect new houses and that I just have to wait and to check their website. Their website keeps telling me that my eircode can't be found.

My neighbour (who got the house a few weeks ago, same time as me) is already in their system but I'm not and I just have to wait for them.

That's just ridicolous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

It's down to the developer and or builder and at what stage of the build they interacted with OpenEIR to get the development included.

It is literally the point where this always goes wrong.

As long as the developer does not submit the plans to OpenEIR .. the same as to all the other utilities, it is unlikely that the premises will be included in one batch.

So if that was not done, then your neighbor may have been lucky to poke a provider, who actually knew another way around that for that single premise.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭xbox360

I feel your pain!!
    I'm a year and a half dealing with them.
    There seems to be no proper communication between any departments or between Eir and Open Eir.
    I need to take a Valium now before I pick up the phone to them now!!!

Advertisement