Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three offering NO help during covid19

Options
  • 23-03-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I have been a 3 customer since they took over from 02 and in total have been with the same company 20 years.
    I rang today to ask for help because of closing business last week.
    They said there was NOTHING they could do.
    No payment holiday, no moving plans.
    They are doing NOTHING TO HELP PEOPLE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

why should they?

Would you accept a total cessation of service from them in return - or are you simply looking for a handout?

Its not as if phone charges are in the thousands. - with no calls, your landline cost is probably €49 a month incl broadband.

Too many people are looking to use this as an excuse not to pay.

Any agreement on not paying bills, even mortgages, are deferrals with interest added.

If its mobile, then unless you have entered a new contract with a new phone, you can simply move.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

The thing with Three is that you should know what you are getting into: they're the RyanAir of mobile - they're the cheapest, but forget about any sort of customer service or help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

How are they supposed to help? cancel your plan if you don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Icepick wrote: »
    How are they supposed to help? cancel your plan if you don't want it.
    They could offer credit, or a temporary reduction to the rate plan.

Or they could engage in meaningful conversation to reach a position that both parties are happy with. ...you know, as opposed to saying "No".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

They have suspended the limits on their "all you can eat" data packages, something I guess..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

silver2020 wrote: »
    why should they?

Would you accept a total cessation of service from them in return - or are you simply looking for a handout?

Its not as if phone charges are in the thousands. - with no calls, your landline cost is probably €49 a month incl broadband.

Too many people are looking to use this as an excuse not to pay.

Any agreement on not paying bills, even mortgages, are deferrals with interest added.

If its mobile, then unless you have entered a new contract with a new phone, you can simply move.

It's a 60 a month mobile contract and they should offer a reduction or payment holiday.

Cashflow is very suddenly zero. Nothing. Not a penny coming in. I'm a health care worker and have signed up to the hse but while awaiting that iv no income which was a choice to protect the public. The least a huge profitable multinational company could do it also be ethical and help it's long standing customers.

Zulu wrote: »
    They could offer credit, or a temporary reduction to the rate plan.

Or they could engage in meaningful conversation to reach a position that both parties are happy with. ...you know, as opposed to saying "No".

Thank you, that's exactly my point . The girl who took my call was very kind and went to management to see about moving me to a cheaper plan but the answer was no despite being 15 months into the plan and as previously stated a long standing customer.

We are making serious sacrifices at this time and should be helping each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

calfmuscle wrote: »
    It's a 60 a month mobile contract and they should offer a reduction or payment holiday.

Cashflow is very suddenly zero. Nothing. Not a penny coming in. I'm a health care worker and have signed up to the hse but while awaiting that iv no income which was a choice to protect the public. The least a huge profitable multinational company could do it also be ethical and help it's long standing customers.

Why do you have no income? If you are a healthcare worker, you should be inundated with work. But if by chance you found yourself out of work 10 days ago, you could have immediately applied for the emergency unemployment scheme.

Those who applied last week get their 1st payment today.

Maybe you are using the "I'm a healthcare worker" as a ruse to elicit a certain type of response from people?

Then you attack Three because they are profitable and they won't pander to you and at €60 a month it would suggest you choose a high end phone at the start of your new contract.

Take some personal responsibility.

silver2020 wrote: »
    Why do you have no income? If you are a healthcare worker, you should be inundated with work. But if by chance you found yourself out of work 10 days ago, you could have immediately applied for the emergency unemployment scheme.

Those who applied last week get their 1st payment today.

Maybe you are using the "I'm a healthcare worker" as a ruse to elicit a certain type of response from people?

Then you attack Three because they are profitable and they won't pander to you and at €60 a month it would suggest you choose a high end phone at the start of your new contract.

Take some personal responsibility.

Sorry how am I personally responsible for a global pandemic?

I took a hugely responsible action at great financial sacrifice by closing my private practice to protect the public, despite the government not instructing me to. You cannot social distance and carry on appointments.

I applied for emergency payment last week and have received nothing. And although it may help it will not cover costs and outgoings. Which brings us back to why I was seaking assistants from my providers.
    I have also applied to the hse and private hospitals.
    Can I ask, what are you doing?

Advertisement