Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmaley/Inagh Group water Scheme

Options
  • 22-03-2020 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Anyone know WTF is going on. It's been weeks now and still we are getting the water out of the back of an old milk lorry.
    No updates
    No news from Clare FM
    Nobody is saying anything

Can't believe its going on this long and people aren't up in arms over it.
    Is it silt from the Wind turbines?
    Leaching from the Concrete bases of the Turbines?
    Aluminium from Aughinish Alumina?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It’s definitely the aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Anyone know WTF is going on. It's been weeks now and still we are getting the water out of the back of an old milk lorry.
    No updates
    No news from Clare FM

How would alumina from a plant in limerick end up in inagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

How would alumina from a plant in limerick end up in inagh

Good question as Aughinish Alumina is 20klm away from the water reservoir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

Aluminium can be leached from rocks. Also, they use aluminium sulphate to clean water. In this case I'm not sure which is the reason but I'm guessing its the first.

Latest news is posted on the Kilmaley Inagh water scheme website incidently. Google is a wonderful thing!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My understanding was that the flooding resulted in the pumps/filtration systems failing and they are trying to recover it now. Its the largest private water scheme in Europe which is fairly impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Balagan1

Clareman wrote: »
    My understanding was that the flooding resulted in the pumps/filtration systems failing and they are trying to recover it now. Its the largest private water scheme in Europe which is fairly impressive

Not impressive at all if it has packed up! Size isn't everything!

No updates
    No news from Clare FM

Talk to Joe. You can email the programme at any time to joe@rte.ie, call the office at 01 208 3263 / 2984 / 2980 or 3438 (or out of office hours and leave a message) or on 1850 715 815, Monday to Friday from 12.30pm – 3.15pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Have you looked a map recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Both the lack of progress and lack of info is shocking, last update on the website just now is:
    18 March 2020: UPDATE to Do Not Drink Notice EPS has informed us that they have identified an additional filter media that will help with microfiltration. They are currently assessing and working with the supplier to obtain this media. We will update with a time line once received.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It looks to me that they are just blaming their supplier, not a great trait in a service provider in my opinion

• Advertisement

It looks to me that they are just blaming their supplier, not a great trait in a service provider in my opinion

Yes, I would have to agree with that assessment. I live in the catchment area and we haven't had anything from them. Once (if?) things get back to normal I'll be looking into how this scheme is run a bit more carefully - I suspect it's the usual irish solution...

Amazingly everything is ok now, amazing the way this happens after a bit of publicity.......

http://www.clare.fm/news/infrastructure/not-drink-notice-lifted-countys-largest-water-scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Anywan else think Roisin Garvey is a pain in the hole.? Trotting around Mrs goody 2 shoes looking for the camera at any given chance. I know she's good for the area but...

Macdarack wrote: »
    Anywan else think Roisin Garvey is a pain in the hole.? Trotting around Mrs goody 2 shoes looking for the camera at any given chance. I know she's good for the area but...

No but about it. She is good for the area. If she had "looked for the camera" a bit earlier, the problem would have been solved earlier. If you don't want to stick your head above the parapet, that's your choice, but go easy on the criticism of those who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

Amazingly everything is ok now, amazing the way this happens after a bit of publicity.......

http://www.clare.fm/news/infrastructure/not-drink-notice-lifted-countys-largest-water-scheme/

Hopefully it is actually sorted. I would be sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Figerty

Balagan1 wrote: »
    No but about it. She is good for the area. If she had "looked for the camera" a bit earlier, the problem would have been solved earlier. If you don't want to stick your head above the parapet, that's your choice, but go easy on the criticism of those who do.

Rubbish. They have been scouring and Clearing the lines for a while now.
    It's a case of getting on camera before the problem was solved to be seen to do something. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Figerty wrote: »
    Rubbish. They have been scouring and Clearing the lines for a while now.
    It's a case of getting on camera before the problem was solved to be seen to do something. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Are you claiming that she herself wasn't actually bringing drinking water to vulnerable people and only did it when the RTE cameras were there?

Are you claiming that she herself wasn't actually bringing drinking water to vulnerable people and only did it when the RTE cameras were there?

I'm saying that she had no impact on getting the water problem solved as she attempted to claim credit for applying pressure to the company working on the problem but stopped short. As I said the apply doesn't fall far from the tree to plagerise my first post....

Bringing water to neighbours is fine, give her credit for that. A lot of people are doing that and don't have cameras on them.

Figerty wrote: »
    I'm saying that she had no impact on getting the water problem solved as she attempted to claim credit for applying pressure to the company working on the problem but stopped short. As I said the apply doesn't fall far from the tree to plagerise my first post....

Bringing water to neighbours is fine, give her credit for that. A lot of people are doing that and don't have cameras on them.

The original post in this thread was on 22 March and stated, in part:

No updates
    No news from Clare FM
    Nobody is saying anything....

Eleven days earlier, on 11 March, Garvey on Twitter was trying to get attention to the matter:
    Cllr. Róisín Garvey
    @RoisinGarvey
    ·
    Mar 11
    6000 people in clare have no water to drink or cook with, zero h2o, for the last 4 weeks! Anyone in our dublincentirc government and media give a damn? Anyone? #SelfIsolation without water!@IrishTimes
    @rtenews

@VirginMediaNews@drivetimerte@johncookeradio

So saying she attempted to claim credit for putting pressure on the company ...but stopped short actually reflects well on her because she clearly was applying pressure and continued to do so.

And since you worked so hard to include the word, no harm in getting it right. It's 'plagiarise'.

• Advertisement

No updates
    No news from Clare FM

Eleven days earlier, on 11 March, Garvey on Twitter was trying to get attention to the matter:
    Cllr. Róisín Garvey
    @RoisinGarvey
    ·
    Mar 11
    6000 people in clare have no water to drink or cook with, zero h2o, for the last 4 weeks! Anyone in our dublincentirc government and media give a damn? Anyone? #SelfIsolation without water!@IrishTimes
    @rtenews

So saying she attempted to claim credit for putting pressure on the company ...but stopped short actually reflects well on her because she clearly was applying pressure and continued to do so.

And since you worked so hard to include the word, no harm in getting it right. It's 'plagiarise'.

It's called grandstanding. It's something politicians do all the time, if she really wanted to know what was happening and to do something all she had to do was pick up the phone to the scheme manager and ask. But it was far easier to get up on social media and start making dramatic calls to people who had nothing to do with it. And far more public. But it didn't matter one iota because it was being fixed AND I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she actually knew the situation and waited until the appearance of doing something would fool the gullible. But that's just a personal opinion....

No updates
    No news from Clare FM

Cllr. Róisín Garvey
    @RoisinGarvey
    ·
    Mar 11
    @rtenews

Thanks for the spelling correction. I'm happy you saw the relevance. I don't think you deserved a yellow card by the way.

She stopped becuase she knew it would be challenged. We can all see through the politicis, but it needs to be stopped or we wind up like the US.

In my opinion, it doesn't not reflect well on her, and that is the feeling locally. I respect you have a different view.

She has lost votes over this and to be honest, hearing her party leader talking about growing salads in window boxes in the Dail during a massive national crisis hasn't done them any favours.

Advertisement