Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

App for playing with friends

  • 22-03-2020 7:23pm
    #1
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Darkglasses


    Hi all,

    Looking to play some No Limit Holdem with about 8 friends, just wondering if anyone can recommend some apps or sites for doing it?

    We had a test game on Pokerrrr 2, some people didn't like the finicky hand gestures required and also we've used up the free gold, we'll have to pay for hosting now. If there's a better (ideally free) way of playing online, would love to know.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭ skinny90


    Hi all,

    Looking to play some No Limit Holdem with about 8 friends, just wondering if anyone can recommend some apps or sites for doing it?

    We had a test game on Pokerrrr 2, some people didn't like the finicky hand gestures required and also we've used up the free gold, we'll have to pay for hosting now. If there's a better (ideally free) way of playing online, would love to know.

    tried pokerstars there. I can see it will be the best but its wild complex setting up a basic tournament...there is so much setting that I am not aware of..

    Just want to virtualize what would be a game in the kitchen with about 6/7 lads 20 euro a head set blinds with them going up over a certain period no limit texas holdem

    Any help


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭ chewed


    skinny90 wrote: »
    tried pokerstars there. I can see it will be the best but its wild complex setting up a basic tournament...there is so much setting that I am not aware of..

    Just want to virtualize what would be a game in the kitchen with about 6/7 lads 20 euro a head set blinds with them going up over a certain period no limit texas holdem

    Any help

    Does Pokerstars have a webcam option? I'd love to be able to interact with my mates as well as playing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭ NSAman


    Tinder?


  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ Radioheader


    chewed wrote: »
    Does Pokerstars have a webcam option? I'd love to be able to interact with my mates as well as playing.

    Use Zoom or WebEx on the side.


  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ NuttKicker


    http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24490
    With all live poker stopped for now most are going online with a few of the operators using an app called pokio, the idea they set up a club within the app and run their own tournaments as they would have and let their members join. I'd imagine you can setup your own and send the I'd to all your friends. Seems to be taking off too


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ NuttKicker


    Also in pokerstars have you looked at the home games, a lot of twitch users have their own communities and run their own games haven't done it but seems to be easy enough to set up


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭ budgemook


    Had a game on pokerstars last night and used a separate app for video call. Was good in general however one of my mates couldn't play as he only has access to an iPad and wasn't able to join the poker club or tournament that I set up. It looked like it just isn't supported.

    Is there another site that would let someone on iPad play with desktop users?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭ flanzer


    NuttKicker wrote: »
    Also in pokerstars have you looked at the home games, a lot of twitch users have their own communities and run their own games haven't done it but seems to be easy enough to set up

    Just in the process of setting this up. Do you know where home games are so I can set up a Club?? Thanks

    509079.PNG


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭ budgemook


    flanzer wrote: »
    Just in the process of setting this up. Do you know where home games are so I can set up a Club?? Thanks

    509079.PNG

    You have to click More at the bottom right of the screen.


Advertisement