Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Sky Sports Golf on Virgin?

Options
  • 21-03-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    So, my dad has the various Sky packages, but only really watches golf, and needs the internet. Was wondering if anyone knew how much would the broadband package that included the Sky Sports golf package would cost? I think he's paying 180'ish to get the sky golf, and 70 for eircom BB (it cost less last year with some promo).

The site is unclear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

the_syco wrote: »
    Hi,
    So, my dad has the various Sky packages, but only really watches golf, and needs the internet. Was wondering if anyone knew how much would the broadband package that included the Sky Sports golf package would cost? I think he's paying 180'ish to get the sky golf, and 70 for eircom BB (it cost less last year with some promo).

The site is unclear.

Virgin broadband with the TV package costs around €100. I had Sky Sports HD and Cinema HD for an extra €54. I cancelled the sport for the moment as there's nothing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭dam099

There is also a 250Mb + basic TV package for €60 (89 after 12 months) + Sky Sports HD for €36 (45 after 12 months) on Virgin.

Also chances are after 12 months as he will be out of contract he can bargain with them and either maintain the offer price or somewhere in between it and full price.

Other option is Sky resell on Openeir lines so you could look at Sky bundles including broadband. €180 for Sky seems excessive, is he getting options he doesnt need like Movies? Also has he a multiroom box or boxes? There is probably room to do a better deal with Sky, quote the Virgin price and say he is leaving if they dont do a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dam099 wrote: »
    Other option is Sky resell on Openeir lines so you could look at Sky bundles including broadband. €180 for Sky seems excessive, is he getting options he doesnt need like Movies? Also has he a multiroom box or boxes? There is probably room to do a better deal with Sky, quote the Virgin price and say he is leaving if they dont do a similar deal.
    To get Sky Sports 4 for golf, he has to have the basic, the movies, and the sports. Last time he checked, he couldn't just get basic Sky + the golf.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No. You don’t have to have Sky Cinema. You can’t get Sky Sports Golf on its own (in Ireland), that’s true, you need to take at least Sky Signature and Sky Sports.

To answer the OPs query, yes Sky Sports Golf is on Virgin. But really, if the golf is the only thing on Sky that he’s interested in, would Now TV not be the best option? It’s the only way of getting Sky Sports without taking any basic Sky or cable package (unless you count the mobile only package). Then you can go for a broadband only pack that suits. Plenty of time to think about it while the season is suspended.

Advertisement